31.

It was several long excruciating minutes later that Rhydian and I with this tall large man was joined by others.

By then, I had calmed Rhydian down, his little sobs muffled in my chest. The lamps were on, not directly on us as I watched wide eyed, petrified as Axel's body was dragged down the stairs and through the room.

I had no idea if he was dead or not as I kept Rhydian's eyes shielded.

Then one of the men that had his face covered told us to move it. To follow them.

"Please, let me calm my son down first!" I begged at them, trying not to cry.

I saw someone turn to me but didn't say anything.

"Please, don't harm him. Don't harm my son." I cried out, keeping Rhydian's head against me even though he tried to push away.

Some one else came over to me, his face clear and uncovered and sat down next to me. I shuffled over, away from him.

"Caitlyn. It's okay." He said calmly, raising a hand slowly.

"If you are going to kill me, please, not him front of my son. Please no." I cried out to him. I had no idea who these people were.

"Caitlyn. We won't harm him or you in anyway." The man said softly, reassuring me.

"Please don't take him away from me. Please don't." I begged at him. "He is my everything. He helps me get through all this everyday." The tears ran non stop down my face, my fingers digging in to Rhydian. I was shaking, I was cold, I was petrified.

The man looked at me with slight confusion. "Harrison. Take the kid." The man said and I wailed out.

"No! No!" I howled as Rhydian was taken from me. I felt hands around my stomach, holding me back as Rhydian started screaming again.

"Caitlyn. He will be fine, I promise."

I shook my head. "Please!" I begged at him again. "Please, let me calm him first. Let me put him back to sleep. Please."

The men looked at each other before the one sitting next to me nodded and that was all I needed to rip Rhydian out of the other man's arms.

I soothed Rhydian, keeping him in my lap and playing with his hair, every now and then, running my fingers very softly down his face.

Rhydian's crying slowed down and finally stopped, then eventually his breathing evened out. I stayed in the room, being watched by many and I felt so scrutinized.

The man that was sitting next to me earlier came back and offered me a cup of tea and I nodded, after getting over the shock of him asking it. This was one weird house invasion.

Someone came into the room, holding a large blanket and I laid my sleeping son on the couch, taking the blanket and covering Rhydian.

I looked at him longingly before kissing his head, trying not to cry and brushing his hair with my fingers.

"Caitlyn."

I closed my eyes and exhaled, straightening up before turning to the voice, heading to the dining room.

I looked back at Rhydian on the sofa.

"I promise, your son will be fine." He said to me, his arm raised and pointing tithe dining table.

It was very early in the morning and I sat down where there was a cup of tea waiting for me.

I held the little tea cup, my hands shaking slightly.

"Caitlyn. I am Frank." Frank said to me. "I have some questions."

I nodded, shaking. I felt a blanket drape over me and I muttered a thanks.

"Is that your son?"

"Biologically, yes."

"Where was he born?"

"Cardiff, Wales, the UK."

Frank nodded and jotted it down.

"Your sons name?"

I kept my mouth shut, staring blankly at him.

"Okay. Who is his father?"

Again I didn't say anything. I trusted Eric at the drop of a hat, him tricking me, saying that Axel was coming and he can protect me and Rhydian to find out he had me at ransom then he did the same to Rhy. I am not doing it again. No. I don't trust anyone.

"Caitlyn, I'm trying to help you. You and your son." Frank sighed out. I noticed someone by the arched door frame. He wore a balaclava still, standing there, watching over us. "Were you here by your own free will?"

That question had my eyes snapping back to Frank. "Who is that?" I asked, pointing my head to the man by the door.

Frank looked at him and after a few seconds he turned back to me. "He is my second in command on this mission." Frank told me.

"Who do you work for?" I asked Frank.

"A secret operation."

I wasn't satisfied with that answer. I don't trust them. "I don't trust you." I finally said to him. "You could be his enemy, trying to trick me. You could be working for him, trying to see if I'm loyal." I went to pick up my tea but my hands were still shaking.

"If I was his enemy, I would have killed Axel, not arrest him. He is alive but out cold, tied up, heading to a secured cell by now, far away."

It still wasn't a good enough answer for me. I have met many people these past three months and this man did not look familiar. Maybe he is telling the truth, maybe I'm being paranoid because I have trust issues. Maybe I am right in this conspiracy.

I stood up, stepping behind my chair and pushing it in. "I don't want to answer any more questions." I said softly. "I want my son." I held the blanket tightly around me and stepped to the door way, looking at the masked man before I kept walking.

I saw Rhydian, still asleep on the sofa. He looked so tiny on the long couch.

I was still shaking, wanting time to freeze still. I had no idea if this was my last night with him.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Caity." Came the soft call and I went rigid. It was like a ghost calling to me.

The person who had their hand on me came in front of me and took his balaclava off as my breathing stopped and my eyes went wide.

The hair, the eyes, the nose, the jaw. Exactly how it I remember it all. Then I fainted.