22

I avoided Axel where I could and I think he was avoiding me. It was so bloody hard though when Rhydian would force us together. Rhydian napped for two hours and in that time, I made him lunch, baked a cake, cleaned my mess and went through my wardrobe.

I've gone up a size in clothes, so some of my old outfits fit perfectly. Yeah, I was the type of girl that wore a size or two too big.

I had Rhydian on my lap, looking through an old photo album when he asked for Axel. He didn't say dad, I don't know how I feel about that. He said axe. I told him no, gently but Rhydian wouldn't have it. He threw the photo album away, jumped off my lap and stormed off.

Axel however wasn't here. He went out and when he came back in, he found me chasing Rhydian, the sitting room a mess, cushions every where and I was exhausted. This kid exhausts me.

"Caity, a word." Axel called to me, his eyebrow raised, checking out the kids destruction.

Sighing, I went to Axel. "What?"

Axel gave me the paperwork and I looked at it. Name change forms. I swallowed and frowned. Fuck, he wants to do this all now?

Rhydian was still running around, jumping and throwing cushions.

"Now?" I asked Axel and the look he gave me was serious.

"Now." He told me. "Like I said, I will only agree with the first two under supervision of two guards at all times."

I went to the kitchen and opened a junk drawer, finding a pen. If worse comes to worse, I can always change his name back.

I filled out Rhydian's forms, signing them. It felt wrong because it was false documents. Axel watched as I wrote out Rhydian's name.

Ryan Tremaine, then changed it to Ryan Tremaine Wolf.

"Tremaine?"

"His middle name." I snapped at him, looking at the next pile of paperwork. "Why can't I change my name without the marriage?" I whined at Axel.

Axel smirked then but stayed quiet.

I puffed out some air. "Fine!"

"Great. Tomorrow." Axel then said and went to walk away when Rhydian stood before him. Axel bent down to him. "Hey, mate."

"Axe! Play with me!" He laughed out.

"Ryan. It's not axe." Axel frowned then. "It's dad."

Rhydian laughed again. "You say my name funny." Then Rhydian looked up at me as did Axel.

"He is use to hearing people call him with an accent." I quickly covered up, keeping my mouth shut from any more rambling.

Axel looked back at Rhydian while I shook my head at my son, knowing damn well he didn't understand.

"Play, Axe."

"It's dad." Axel tried again and I could hear the irritation in his voice.

"Axel, he is only two."

"Ryan, go play." Axel said with a serious tone that made Rhydian listen and obey, running out of the room. Axel turned to me, his face dark. "I know that, but he can call me dad. Not Axe, not Axel. Dad."

"But you can't get annoyed with him, he is only two."

"I wouldn't need to get annoyed with him if he already knew who I was!"

I groaned. We are back at this topic. "Let it go. It happened. Get over it." I stated as I left the room.

"Tomorrow, Caity." Axel reminded me, making me sigh loudly.

"I know." I whispered.

So when the dreaded day came, I was so nervous. In an old pair of jeans and a t-shirt that now hugged me, I went down the stairs after putting Rhydian down for his nap and to clean todays cyclonic mess.

"Cyclone Ryan had landed." Axel chuckled as he helped me, making me pause. "What?"

I was just thinking how much of a cyclone Rhydian can be and he says that. I shook my head. "Nothing."

"Are you ready?"

I let out a small laugh. "No. But let's get this over with." I stood up right and followed Axel to the private sitting room where someone was sitting, waiting.

"This is Ted. He will be the celebrant." Axel stated to me.

I turned to Ted as he looked me up and down. "Trust me, I am only doing this for my son." I stated between clenched teeth.

It was a very quick service and I was signing the marriage certificate three minutes later. I changed my name and the strangest thing happened. I felt more relaxed, safer. I was no longer a Tremaine. Or a Stewart. I was a Wolf.

As soon as my part was done, I left the room, heading to the kitchen and opened the fridge, seeing the gold wedding band on my left finger.

I closed my eyes. It is all for Rhydian. I'm doing it all for him. No one else. Not me and definetly not Axel.

Later at dinner, I sat next to Rhydian, helping him with his dinner. "Come on buddy, eat." I begged at him as he refused to. I knew the second I saw it, Rhy wouldn't eat it. He hates anything saucy.

But I didn't say anything till after the cook left. I went to the kitchen and put the bread slices in the toaster.

"Axel, Rhy doesn't eat sauce based meals." I told him. Axel looked up at me as I came out with toast for Rhydian.

Rhydian took the toast happily, his eyes red from crying.

"I'll let the cook know." He said softly and after Rhy ate, I bathed him and dressed him in his new pajamas. We went back down stairs and I sat on the couch, reading to Rhydian, my hand playing with his hair as I read softly.

"You know he is asleep?" Axel said softly.

I looked up at him. "Thank you for the clothes for him." I smiled at him as I closed the book.

Axel came forward and picked Rhydian up, carrying him up the stairs.

"Put him in my room." I told Axel as I went to the kitchen to make a tea. Axel returned as I placed the tea cup on the coffee table in the sitting room, sitting on the floor, picking up all the toys Axel purchased today.

"You spoil him." I said, without looking behind me.

"I can spoil you too, Caity."

I closed my eyes. "No." I said softly. After placing the toys on the coffee table, I got up, turning to Axel.

"Well, we are married now."

"And that means nothing. I told you, Axel. I did this for Rhy. Not for you or me. I only agreed for protection. This is not for love."

Axel's eyes went cold. "It was there before. Where is it now?"