⌞ x. | ❝gee, thanks grandma.❞ ⌝

x. | gee, thanks grandma.

     FRANK SINATRA'S NEW YORK SOUNDED FROM THE LOUDSPEAKERS of the record player that its owner had set up in the kitchen of their apartment. Cassidy Steele swung her hips to the rhythmic sounds of the music as she ate her cereal from a bowl without milk, as they had none left. It was a pleasant morning and the student ate her breakfast before she had to leave for college. Joey Tribbiani had left their shared apartment a few minutes ago to get moisturizer from Monica, after Cassidy had threatened him, if he'd lay his hands on hers, she'd cut them off.

     The sound of a door opening and closing caused the brunette to look up from her bowl. Her azure-blue eyes met Chandler's, who approached her with a broad smile on his face.

     Surprised at his good mood in the morning, she greeted, "Hey there, smiley."

     "Good morning," Chandler beamed, leaning his back against the counter to look at her with a dreamy expression on his features.

     "So, you're ... " Cassidy started, but then corrected herself as she was reluctant to talk to her roommate and best friend about his sex life, "so, Aurora spent the night here, huh?"

     Chandler blushed. "Oh, could you hear--"

     "Unfortunately, yes," she cut him off, a narrow smile on her lips. "But let's not talk about that or we'll both get super uncomfortable before eight in the morning already."

     "Okay, yeah, good idea," Chandler agreed, nodding, "D'you know if we have anything in the fridge? I wanna make Aurora breakfast."

     "Oh, my goodness," Cassidy squealed as she took a step forward to pinch his cheek, "you're so precious."

     Chandler rubbed the cheek she had pinched and muttered, "Gee thanks, grandma. So?"

     "Why do you think I'm eating my cereals without milk?" she asked rhetorically and symbolically shoved a spoonfulof cereal into her mouth.

     "You became vegan?" Chandler answered jokingly.

     Cassidy rolled her eyes at him. "If she ain't into eggs that are expired for about a week now and cereals without milk, then I'd have to say – nope," she finally answered his question and put her empty bowl in the sink when the phone rang.

     Since Chandler had already pushed himself from the counter to take a look into the fridge, Cassidy picked up the phone, "Hello?"

     "Hello?" a familiar female voice sounded out of the speaker. "Cassidy, dear, is that you?"

     "Mrs. Tribbiani, hi!" Cassidy replied cheerfully, a big smile on her lips. "How are you?"

     Cassidy had always gotten along well with Joey's mom. His whole family – including his seven sisters and his parents – had been invited to their apartment after he had moved in, and ever since Cassidy had gotten on very well with every member of the Tribbiani family, especially his mother, who gave her the feeling of motherly love she had never really experienced before. However, they rarely talked – mostly just when Mrs. Tribbiani called them and Cassidy picked up or when Joey's birthday was approaching and Cassidy asked his mother for a recipe for his favourite foods (of course there was more than one).