⌞ xi. | ❝anyone doesn't include my friends.❞ ⌝

xi. | anyone doesn't include
my friends.

THE SMELL OF SWEET-SOUR SAUCE filled the air in Monica Geller's apartment and while Cassidy Steele tried to enjoy her Chinese noodles, Chandler Bing told the gang about a – for him – shocking experience at work.

He sat next to Monica on the sofa, both with a plate full of Chinese take-out on their laps, Rachel sat on the chair and Phoebe on the floor next to her. Ross had placed himself on the chair to the other side of the table, with Joey to his right, and Cassidy sat cross-legged on the floor to his left. They all sat around the table and enjoyed their food when Chandler finally reached the interesting part of his story, causing Cassidy to look up from her plate.

" ... Couldn't enjoy a cup of noodles after that. I mean, is that ridiculous? Can you believe she actually thought that?" he ended his speech and briefly looked at the group before shoving a fork full of noodles into his mouth.

Cassidy looked at her best friend with her eyebrow raised. It didn't surprise her at all that his colleague at work, Shelly, had thought Chandler was interested in men.

Rachel probably thought the same, therefore she confessed, "Um ... yeah. Well, I mean, when I first met you, y'know, I thought maybe, possibly, you might be ... " She trailed off as she noticed Chandler's shocked expression.

"You did?" he asked, mystified while putting his plate down on the table.

"Yeah," Rachel confirmed, "but then you spent Phoebe's entire birthday party talking to my breasts, so then I figured maybe not."

Not being able to decide whether Cassidy should shake her head over her roommate or grin, she just did both. Considering Chandler was drunk to the moon at Phoebe's party, Rachel had taken it with humor, too.

Chandler nodded, obviously dissatisfied with his friend's reply, before turning to the rest of the group. "Huh. Did, uh ... any of the rest of you guys think that when you first met me?"

"Well ... " Uncertain if she should really tell Chandler about it, Cassidy paused for a moment but then placed her plate in front of her on the floor, ignored Monica's warning gaze and said, "Remember when we first met in college? Pretty much the only reason why I asked you to move in with me, was because I thought you were gay so I didn't have to worry about you trying to make a move on me or something."

Joey sent her an amused look while Chandler looked at her perplexed, not expecting to hear those words from his best friend. "What? But I—I was dating this girl, Gina when we first met."

"Yeah, well, she was the one who told me," Cassidy confessed and looked at him pitifully before turning back to her food.

"Gina thought I was ... What?" Shocked by her confession, Chandler tried to find the right words to say, but then shook his head. "Did, uh ... any of you think that when you first met me, too?" he turned to the rest of the group.