⌞ xvi. | ❝ dick move, dude.❞ ⌝

╔═════════════════╗xvi

╔═════════════════╗
xvi. | dick move, dude.
╚═════════════════╝

THE PARTY AT MONICA AND RACHEL'S APARTMENT was already in full swing shortly after the arrival of the first guests. The living room was still decorated in a Christmas theme — fairy lights and garlands hung on the walls, small Santa Clauses and little Christmas trees stood as decoration on tables and cupboards — and to give her apartment a feeling of New Year's Eve, Monica had placed small party hats and streamers everywhere. Cassidy knew her friend was in her element when it came to decorating.

To help her prepare for the party (and actually end up just sitting around and watch her because she knew Monica wouldn't be happy with whatever she did anyway), Cassidy had come a little earlier because Rachel left already to pick Paolo up from the airport.

As soon as Gail showed up with two men in tow, Cassidy decided to join her friend, but they were quickly separated when the smaller of the two men forced himself between them to hug her, as if they had been friends for a long time and then introduced himself to Cassidy as Rick. Although he looked a little smaller next to his friend, he was taller than her by at least four inches — Cassidy would consider him a little smaller than Chandler, but bigger than Joey — and his clear blue eyes were empathized by the frozen tips highlighting his dark hair. She wouldn't say he was exactly her type, but she couldn't deny that Rick was attractive either.

If it weren't for his pushy personality and the heavy flirting attempts that made the brunette feel increasingly uncomfortable. She had already leaned back in her seat on the sofa (from which Gail had scared away the people who had been sitting there before) to make a little more room between her date and herself, playing on the golden necklaces she wore tightly around her neck — clear signs of her discomfort, which Rick either ignored or misinterpreted. Gail was too engrossed in her own conversation with her date, Sebastian, so she missed her friend's predicament. Cassidy knew that if Gail had noticed her discomfort, she would have intervened by now.

"... and then the kid just throws himself into the LEGO cartons and rips them open while swearing at his dad — I think, he called him a dunderhead," Rick snorted, exaggeratedly gesturing, while telling her about the wildest experiences as an employee at Toys R Us. "It took me, his dad and two others to separate that boy from the toys. It was crazy!" Cassidy had already prepared herself internally to pretend that she was excited about his story when Rick, in one movement, overreached and unintentionally spilled the contents of his glass on Cassidy's dress.

The young woman flinched under the feeling of the cold liquid on her skin and looked down with a contorted face at the large stain that was starting to spread across her chest.

"Oh, my God!" Rick called out before Cassidy even had the chance to say anything, only causing for more attention to fall upon them. "I'm so sorry! Here," he reached over to grab a napkin from the coffee table, "lemme clean that up." With that, the man leaned forward in an attempt to dry her dress but before his hands could get anywhere near her boobs, Cassidy stopped him by grabbing his wrist. Rick seemed to get the hint and averted his eyes in an embarrassed manner, "Sorry... Um, I—I'm gonna get you more napkins to, um, to dry that up and—"