Mistake

I made a mistake.

I recently looked at my portfolio and felt woefully underachieved. I mean the thing was empty and yet I wanted to build a personal website. Then I read this article (God bless Thomas J. Frank BTW) and realized I HAD DONE STUFF! I just simply did not think of it as stuff.

My first semester, we had Engineering lab projects. I made a speaker on my own and a cat toy launcher with a team. The cat toy launcher was a beauty. The speaker...

 The speaker

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

 not so much lol

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

... not so much lol. I had gone into the project with trepidation at working with circuits and a"Just get a B" attitude. But building a speaker from scratch is pretty cool especially when you soldered the amplifier circuit yourself. I wasn't looking at the bigger picture of having a portfolio to put on my website and keeping the knowledge and skills I learnt. My mind was vision-tunneled on grades and grades alone.

To focus on the itsy bitsy of life you need to have an idea of the largey parts: the goals; bigger picture.

Ugh this sounds... didactic, I just wanted to impart a ~lesson~ I learnt I suppose. Don't sell yourself short. Tiny stuff counts. Everything you do counts. And not just for the goal of corporate employment but for yourself. If I had counted my speaker as something, I would have out so much more effort into it, appreciated what I was learning, boosted my self esteem you know. I probably would not have lost the speaker either 😐🤷🏾‍♀️

- KC