Farewell For Now, Feria

"Did she really let you go, Master?"

"Yes indeed. The little human even told me our celebration will be back, despite that wretched old king's wishes."

"Tell them what I did!"

"Ah, yes. Vicious Vicky put on such a convincing show, I almost believed it myself!"

"Will we be back, your highness?"

"What a ridiculous question. Of course we will. Once Halloween comes around in a few days, we will start building our power to some day rise up and wipe out Feria completely. I'm shivering with morbid delight!"

"How will we do that? We failed this time."

"I told some king who's name I've forgotten that someone in their bloodline would let me rule their kingdom. I was a fool to think Leiah was the one. Who knows, perhaps her offspring will love me more than she ever could."

Hallow glanced behind him, up at the kingdom where Leiah, her family, Tyrell, and the holiday spirits were most likely watching him depart. A group of monsters, ghouls, zombies, and other sorts of dark beings followed after their king, ready to head back to their own home. The great Halloween King proudly led them all to the cemetery, already conjuring a plan to get everything he wanted.

Catarina leaned towards him, keeping her voice down, "I really should see if we can use the essence of those who celebrate Halloween in different dimensions. Can you imagine? You'd be very powerful. A strong king means a strong kingdom."

"I hope you can find a way, Catarina. It's a disgrace our power source is confined to this pathetic universe." Hallow frowned, knowing that in other worlds, Halloween was gladly being celebrated each year. He wished Feria, and the whole planet he was on was different.

"Uncle Hallow?"

"Excuse me?"

"Sorry. I mean, your highness."

"That is better. What do you want?"

Vicky climbed up her uncles arm, sitting on his shoulder as she whispered into his newly carved pumpkin head, "I have a question about Leiah."

Hallow exhaled loudly, "Make it quick."

Vicky swung her legs, giggling to herself as she chewed on her finger, "Do you think there was something between you and the princess?"

"What?"

"Like, romantic?"

Hallow scoffed, straightening up as he clenched his fist, "That woman was all over me."

Catarina overheard the conversation between her brother and daughter, raising an eyebrow, "Excuse me," she butted in, "But she was only in love with you because of the potion I gave her. That girl merely had a crush and nothing else. Of course, with what happened I doubt she's interested any more."

Hallow didnt look pleased, and he wiped Vicky off his shoulder with a quick flick of his wrist, "Nothing good ever comes from loving a foolish human," he retorted with defiance, "Little Leiah never swayed me in the slightest."

Catarina only smiled and said nothing else. She knew that last part was a lie, as Hallow did find himself smitten with the princess, but it was something he would never reveal.

She glanced back at the kingdom, wondering what new troubles would await them on their next visit. Despite not having a clear vision of their kingdom's future, something in the darkest part of her mind began to grab her attention. It was a vision, blurry at first, but clear now that she chose to focus on it.

She could see Hallow, dressed in a somewhat fancy armor. A bouquet of dead roses was in his grasp as he stared off at something or someone with an unsual look on his face. The other individual soon came to view, walking down an aisle in a beautiful white dress. It was a repetition of the vision she had with Leiah, but it couldn't be the girl. No, this was someone else entirely. Catarina latched on to her King's arm, inhaling sharply.

"What is it?"

She couldnt speak as another image came into her mind. Hallow was now on his knees, a woman in white lifeless in his arms. A cascade of blonde hair belonging to the woman was the only clue Catarina had that this wasn't Leiah at all. And Hallow's face- Catarina had never seen such distress. It made her heart freeze and she had to stop walking for a moment.

"What? What are you looking at?"

She struggled to find her words, but knew she couldnt tell him. The woman had to keep it secret until she figured out what everything meant. It would only further complicate things if she revealed what she had just seen.

"I just had a vision of my husband. I- I just saw how happy he was to see me and Vicky."

Hallow didn't bite it, but he had an idea that something more X rated was going on in his sisters mind.

"Fine. Leave the little rat Vicky with me and fool around with him if you have to. Dont be too long, kitten. I despise children."

Catarina glared at him, failing to respond to his ill thoughts.

She could not and would not tell Hallow of what her vision had revealed to her. Perhaps it would change as time passed by, and she no longer had to worry about what it all meant.

"Mama?" A tiny hand slipped into Catarina's own. She peered down at the small child before her, a smile on her face as she reached out to scoop her in her arms.

"Mama, we're finally going home. Are you happy?"

Catarina turned around, digesting the sight of the monsters around her. There was no time to worry about her vision. She needed to focus on the present, her family, her friends, her neighbors...

A smile grew on her lips as she pushed away the uneasy feelings forming in the pit of her stomach. With a small purr, she tapped her daughter's nose and gave a satisfied nod, "Of course, dear. There is no place like the Underworld."