Prologue ✔️

- 3 years ago -

(Alice's pov)

"Alice honey, could you get the door." My mom yells to me from the the kitchen, downstairs. I pause my cartoon and head downstairs. When I pass the kitchen the smell of banana bread fills my nostrils.

I come up to the door and look through the peephole, but see no one there. I open the door and see a package on the doorstep. I pick it up and see it addressed to me, but it doesn't say where it came from.

I close the door and walk into the kitchen when my mom pulls out the banana bread. It looks delicious!

"Who was it?" She asks pulling the mitts off her hands. "It's just a box, there was no one at the door." I say grabbing the tea my mom makes me every night. I take the box over to the dinning room table and cut in open.

The moment I open it a scream rips through my throat making me drop my mug as it shatters on the floor. My mom rushes over to me and once she looks at the box she gasps.

Inside is a pigs heart with a bunch of worms crawling over it. A note sits on it saying ' I'm watching you '.

I fall to the ground while tears fall down my face. My mother puts her arms around me and I hear her sniffling.

The sound of a door opens making me look up and see Dad. The minute he sees us he rushes over to us.

He looks at the box and immediately grabs his phone and takes a picture of it. He then takes it and throws it on the dumpster.

After he came back he called the police and told them everything. They had now put out an APB on him.

"Honey" my dad starts to say to me and kneels down to me and my mother who is comforting me. "You can't stay here, I don't want anything to happen to you." He says and I shake my head.

"I don't want to leave you guys." I say before my phone buzzes, I look at and see it's a text from an unknown number. I open it and see the message ' You'll be mine '.

My parents see the text and look at each other. " See honey, you can't stay here." He says and I nod this time.

"We'll buy you a bus ticket and you can start a new life." He says and I nod. I head upstairs towards my room and start to pack.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

The bus pulls up and the door opens, I look back at my parents and hug them one last time.

"I'll miss you guys." I say and they nod and tell me they love me. I pull away from them and grab my bags.

I step on to the bus and take one last at my parents before the door closes and I walk down the isle and take a seat.