2

The week passes by quickly, the music video officially out and the meetings of last week done. My team for volleyball also won their tournament and we ate out under my treat.

"Okay. Now I have to plan the ten year loyal employees' beach trip, make sure the fashion line for this Friday's fashion show are all ready, and- hm." I'm sitting in my swivel chair, twirling around.

Ella barks and looks up at me as I go round and round.

"Oh! I have a shoot tomorrow." I say, standing up real fast that the chair falls backwards and Ella lets out a yelp.

"Sorry. I almost forgot. Sunday's shoot was for our company. But this is for Blair's. I need to prepare my outfit and bag for the trip." I say, hurrying into my walk in closet.

Ella follows and watches as I find an outfit and fill up my bag for the next two day trip.

"You ready for our flight, Ella? It's been a month since our last one." I say.

She barks in reply and wags her tail.

I pack her little bag and prepare her travel case.

"Okay. Let's go prepare a surprise dinner for mom and dad." I whisper, crouching down.

We walk downstairs and head into the kitchen. Mom's out doing groceries and so Ella and I are left alone.

I cook some chicken cordon bleu and my special lasagna.

I finish setting up the table just as the front door opens.

"Heather? Oh, honey. You don't have to prepare so much." Mom says, bringing in the groceries.

As I move to help her, the bags fall and she rests a hand against the wall.

I grab the bags and put them on the counter then put her arm around me and help her to the dining table.

"What's wrong?" I ask quietly.

She puts on a smile through her exhausted face. "I'm fine, honey. Tired is all."

"And you were just scolding me a few seconds ago not to prepare." I lightly tease, helping her get some food.

A genuine smile comes on her face and I relax a little. "We're so blessed to have a daughter like you. You know that right?"

I smile and kiss her cheek. "Of course."

We wait a few minutes for dad to come home. At exactly five o' clock, the door opens and dad steps inside, Ella leading him to the dining table. He sits at the head of the table after kissing mom and hugging me.

He rubs his hands together. "It's been a while since I tasted my daughter's cooking."

We pray and eat the lasagna and chicken.

"Mm. This is so good, honey!" Mom exclaims, the color coming back to her face.

"Thank you. I learn from the best." I say, shrugging.

Mom nods in agreement and dad looks between us.

"Okay. I'm cooking tomorrow. And we'll see if you get anything from me too." He says.

We laugh at that and finish off with some cookies left over from the other day.

"I'm leaving tomorrow. For Blair's shoot." I remind them.

Mom drops her fork and I study her as she picks it up and sighs.

"How long?" She asks, braving another smile to look at me.