4

The team is amazing. They've always been so welcoming and disciplined and this morning's practice showed even more dedication.

"I'll see you guys next week! Keep practicing after school okay?" I say, hugging each one.

"We'll keep you updated, coach!" Diana says with a big smile.

Aside from them being my team, I'm also like their big sister. It feels really good especially since I'm an only child.

"Thank you. Don't eat what you shouldn't okay? See you girls. God bless!" I say, walking out.

They say goodbye and I hurry home. Dad left for work this morning and so mom's alone with Ella.

I get inside and hurry to their room where mom's watching some Elevation Church messages.

"Hello, honey. You're early." She says, sitting up straighter.

"Of course. More time with you." I say with a smile. "I'll just wash up."

She nods and I scratch Ella's head before heading off to my room to change.

I come back to see mom sitting on the small couch with Ella.

"What?" She asks, surprised at my reaction. "I'm not a super sick lady who needs to stay in bed and I don't want to have you baby-ing me."

I give her a small laugh as I sit down beside her.

"What do you want to do mom?" I ask, carrying Ella into my lap.

"Let's plan a trip." She says, a twinkle in her eyes.

She stands to get her laptop and we sit on the couch looking through places.

"Mom. We're not really going on a trip are we?" I ask, as we check Bora Bora.

She smiles knowingly. "Honey, we need to take a break. Since you started school, you've always been so focused and hard working, just work, work and work. We stopped going on spring break and summer trips because your schedule's all full. Even the holidays are full. While it's still early, I want us to go somewhere."

I smile knowing she wants what's best but can't help thinking of all the plans I had for the different jobs I do.

We talk and laugh at the pictures we see and imaginary vacations we could have.

By three pm, I change and kiss mom goodbye to head to the show.

I helped fix the computer for her to watch live. Ella's going to watch too.

I meet dad in the parking lot and hug him.

"I know you'll do great. We'll be watching from afar." He says, hugging me again.

"Thank you." I reply.

He drives home and I take over. I head to the dressing room to change into my first dress. I'll be opening the show, modelling three different dresses and observing the whole thing to make sure it's all okay.

I check up on all the models and outfits, all of them okay so far. I go around the auditorium as people arrive, checking for anything that seems off or wrong.

"You look beautiful, Miss Heather." Thera says, smiling at me as I step out.

"Thanks. Any updates?" I ask, walking alongside her backstage.

"None so far." She replies quietly.

I nod. "Well, if anything happens, don't hesitate to tell me."

She nods and gives me a thumbs up.

It's time for the show. I walk up the stairs and onto the stage.