11

Italy was a dream come true. From Rome to Venice, and a side trip to Santorini, Greece we took so many pictures, tasted real good ice cream and cuisine and had a good time. And yes, even Belle had fun. She's still a few weeks old and she's already traveling the world.

The whole five days brought no mean men or trouble. The weather was good throughout except for that one day.

We were walking through the streets of Venice, leaving Belle to nap, and we went on the next surprise, a gondola ride! When all of a sudden, the sunny sky was replaced by dark gray clouds. The sky decided to shower on us the day we didn't bring an umbrella.

We finished the gondola ride, and ran to a nearby building. We stood under the cover of the entrance and watched as the rain poured and the canals rose a few inches higher. We tried walking to our hotel but only got as far as one block. We ended up sitting inside a bar, staring at each other and making our conversations, acting engrossed so no one would bother us. We've both never drank even a tiny bit of alcohol, and have never been exposed to smoking or drinking or whatever. Chris has only tasted wine due to also spending summers at his grandparents' vineyard and farm.

It was definitely a different experience. We got out of the bar after two hours and decided to keep walking.

The rain died down around five pm, and we trudged back to the hotel, dripping wet as was every customer.

We went into our separate rooms, changed and eventually fell asleep. Belle cuddled next to me and slept again making things much better.

The other Italian surprise that Chris had to make do on his own was a masquerade. We actually didn't join the festival with the threat still hanging in the air and unknown enemies scattered wherever we are. But even then, I was still able to dress in a fancy new dress fit for the occasion and wear a matching mask. Since we didn't join the commotion, Chris played music in my room and we danced and sang along to Disney songs, musicals and Christian pop. We ordered food and had a movie marathon in our fancy outfits. We took pictures too, on the rooftop of our hotel and in the street for a few minutes only.

I think, that's already been the tenth surprise. I wonder what else my family planned behind my back.

"Excited?"

I'm snapped out of my thoughts and I turn to look at Chris.

We're on another airplane, this time headed for England.

"Yes. London's frequently visited, more than France. But even then, I'm always excited for a trip." I reply.

He smiles brightly. "I'm glad. This time you'll get a special tour from me."

I'm so excited! Chris and I obviously got closer over the past almost two weeks and I'm amazed at the kind of person he is. If he thinks I'm amazing, he's sure missing out on himself.

He hands me his other earphone and we sing along to Mamma Mia 2. Belle looks up at us and tilts her head.

I lean down and whisper, "Sorry, girl. Just act like you don't know us."

She seems to understand for she starts chewing her toy, not looking at me again.

We just listened and sang along to the whole Mamma Mia and Mamma Mia 2 playlist the other day when we went to Santorini. We tried recreating some scenes but ended up having a photoshoot instead. It was fun though. Singing and catching the eyes of many locals and tourists trying to see if we were doing it for money.

"Just one look and I can hear a bell ring." I sing aloud, dancing along. "One more look and I forget everything."

"Woah-oah, mamma mia," He sings along, looking at me. "Here I go again. My, my. How can I resist ya."

He wiggles his eyebrows and we sway along, lowering our voices.

This plane has only two seats per column and I'm grateful for it.

"Why, why, did I ever let you go? Mamma mia. Now I really know," I sing.

He smiles mischievously. "Should not ever let you go."

I raise an eyebrow. "Those aren't the words."

He shrugs. "I sang it to you."

See what he does?

"Just stick to the lyrics, Mr. trying-to-be-sly-and-cheesy." I retort.

He chuckles and changes the song.

"Oh, I love this!" I squeal quietly.

He smiles and moves his hands along.

"You know I want you. It's not a secret I try to hide. I know you want me. So don't keep saying our hands are tied." He motions for me to act too so he can 'follow' me like Zac Efron did to Zendaya. I roll my eyes instead.

"But you're here in my heart, so who can stop me if I decide that you're my destiny? Why if we rewrite the stars? Say you were made to be mine? Nothing could keep us apart. Cuz you'd be the one I was meant to find." His face changes into something more emotional. I don't get why he's not an actor already. "It's up to you, and it's up to me. No one can say what we get to be. So why don't we rewrite the stars? Maybe the world could be ours tonight."

I prepare my act and low singing voice. Can't attract a big crowd.

The plane takes off and it's perfect timing. I'm up and flying.

"You think it's easy? You think I don't wanna run to you? But there are mountains," I do the run with my fingers doing the zigzagging for me. "and there are doors that we can't walk through. I know you're wondering why, because we're able to be just you and me within these walls. But when we go outside, you're gonna wake up and see that it was hopeless after all."

I look out the window. "No one can rewrite the stars? How can you say you'll be mine? Everything keeps us apart and I'm not the one you were meant to find." I look back at him. "It's not up to you, it's not up to me, when everyone tells us what we can be. How can we rewrite the stars, say that the world can be ours tonight?"

We both look at each other and flap our arms as we fly up into the clouds.

"All I want is to fly with you, all I want is to fall with you. So just give me all of you." We sing.

We whisper the next lines and last chorus since it's kind of hard controlling very high and emotional parts.

"Oh! I know what should be next." He says excitedly.

"We're soaring," He sings.

"Flyin'," I catch.

"There's not a star in Heaven that we can't reach, if we're trying. So we're breaking free." We sing.

We snap and sway along to the song, mouthing the lyrics since, when we removed the earphones, we realized the people behind and in front of us can actually hear us well.

At least our voices aren't bad. Right?

We sing along the whole way to London. Once off, Chris directs us to a car waiting.

"Heather, this is my friend, Lewis. Lewis, this is Heather." Chris introduces.

Lewis shakes my hand. "Welcome to London. Come on. Let's go."

He helps Chris put the luggage in the back snd we squeeze into the car.

Lewis has blond hair and hazel eyes. His accent is quite thick and I enjoy myself as Chris puts on his accent and they converse. Nothing like British english. No offense to all other english accents.

We reach the hotel we're to stay in and Lewis leaves us with two bicycles and an "enjoy your visit."

"I'm guessing I might not see him for the rest of our trip." I say as we head inside.

Chris chuckles. "You're starting to know me real well."

"Why is that about you? I was talking about Lewis." I retort with a taunting smile.

He shrugs.

We check into our separate rooms and we meet in the narrow hallway after five minutes.

"Ready for a Chris tour of London?" He asks, excited.

"Ready." I reply, taking his arm.