4

The ride back home was quiet, nothing could be heard other than each other's breathing and occasional glances at each other. I heard what I heard and I definitely didn't want to be quick to judge. I wanted to know what this package was that he had to pick up outside of Chicago, and why are there more people going for it.

Presumably dad was out working the all night shift again, considering his car wasn't parked in the drive way. He always works hard and aims for us to have a best life. But I could never be stuck running the same life over and over again until i'm old.

"I'll see you again soon" Logan said breaking the silence, whilst exchanging numbers.

"I guess" I replied already half way out of his car.

"Something wrong?" He asked holding on my wrist before I was out completely of his car.

"No, nothing at all. Text me if you're around and i'll consider hanging out again" I smiled and closed the door behind me and walked up to the door.

With a huffed sigh, I let my bag drop to the floor by the door and rubbed my eyes. Peaking through the living room door, Logan was already gone and probably already setting off for this package for whoever was on the other side of the call. I haven't known him long enough, but parts of me misses him and part of my life went along with him.

Slumping down onto the couch, a wave exhaustion hit home hard - but with determination I put myself on the task of completing todays study time in order to get ahead of the game. I had spent hours deep into the night consuming and giving myself to knowledge. And with that I don't regret it, i'll always be prepared.

"Emily, what are you still doing up?" Dad asked peering round the corner of the door finally noticing me as he set down his brief case.

In response, I held up a textbook and a note pad showing pages of notes and yawning.

"That's my girl" He replied walking over with a fleeced blanket. "Rest now, you've done more than enough for the night" he adds gently rubbing my shoulder until I was out.

Lately, I began to miss my mother a lot. It's been a decade since she had passed, and I couldn't help but dream of seeing her again, as well as having the life she had - she was wild, free and mature. However, ever since dad and I lost her, it had always been me living up to expectations. And i'm sure I didn't want to be trapped any longer. Maybe Logan being around was a good idea and sign from my mum/

Spending time with Logan earlier made realise a few things.

"EMILY" Maya exclaimed jumping onto the couch, sending me face planting the floor with a oof.

"Who who when where why" I blurted holding up a pillow preparing to throw it at the attacker.

"How was it? What happened? I need details!!" Maya shrieked

"First of all how did you get in? and you know i have to get ready" I said throwing the pillow at her anyway and heading up to get ready.

"But I need to know all the details! my girl might be finally living! NO offence Detective Myers!" Maya squealed closing the distance.

How does one tell her best friend what happened? Without giving out details and suspicious. I mean, how does one explain that he took me to a cliff over looking the city, without it turning it into something she can tease me about.