A Talk

Dean lets his eyes stay closed while his mind wakes up after his mind adjusts he allows his eyes to open, letting them adjust as well more looking at Castiel propped up on a chair beside the bed. "Cass, what the hell?"
   Castiel sighs, "you were screaming in your sleep and I helped calm you down and then I went to leave but you whispered my name so I stayed."
   Dean runs a hand through his hair and realises he's drenched in sweat, "right... Thank you then."
   He pauses and Castiel takes this time to speak. "You don't seem to be sleeping a lot lately and when you do it's a nightmare, why is that? What are you dreaming of that is so bad that you can barely sleep?"
   Dean shakes his head, "I don't really want to talk about it Cass, I'm going to go for a shower though, all right?"
   Castiel sighs but nods, watching Dean get up and grab his stuff before going into another room.

   Sam yawns and stretches before going into the fridge to find some food, he easily finds bacon and places it in a pan before making himself some coffee.
   "Sam, your brother seems to be sleeping terribly, I was wondering if you might speak to him about this." Sam glances at Castiel as he walks into the room.
   Sam nods slightly, "I can see what I can do but he's not really a big talker as you already know. What has aroused this worry for my brother's health, may I ask?" He seems to smile a little at this, he's obviously had his own ideas on the matter.
   "We're dating," Castiel states, plain and clear. Sam seems a little taken aback at this, "was that not what you had intended the answer to be?"
   Sam stumbles over his words, "well, I mean--"
   Gabriel laughs at this, "he thought you two were--"
   "Gabriel, shut up!" Sam says, clearly tired and exasperated.
   Castiel raises an eyebrow, "you thought we were doing what you two did last night?"
   Sam flushes at this, heat rising to his cheeks in seconds. He seems to struggle to keep his sentence attached, "you... you heard us...? Please don't tell me Dean heard us... he would be mortified..."
   "A little late for that, you kind of just told me yourself." They all look at Dean who is in his dressing gown and boxers.
   Castiel looks at Dean and turns a Light pink, "how long were you stood there for?"
   Dean shrugs, "long enough to know what they did last night and what they think we were doing. I mean come on, we're taking it slow, not like you two though." Gabriel goes to speak but decides against it. "And now you're burning bacon, you are evil today Sammy." He nods before leaving.
   "Can I go and interrogate him? I'm curious about some stuff." Gabriel asks.
   Castiel shrugs, "as long as he's comfortable with it then sure." Gabriel shrugs before walking off.

   "Hey, Deano. I have permission to inspect you as long as you're comfortable with the questions." Gabriel says as he sits opposite him. Dean looks up at him and sighs.
   "Sure, ask away," Dean says.
   Gabriel smiles, "do you love Castiel?"
   Dean hesitates, "n--" he sighs, "I don't know."
   "I think you do know, you just don't want to say it." Gabriel states. "Next question. Do you want to go further with my brother?"
   Dean shakes his head, "no, I'm not ready for that and I don't know if Cass is either."
   Gabriel smiles, "see, truth." He pauses, "what do you think of Sam and me?"
   Dean shrugs, "I mean, I kind of knew you two had a thing for each other a while back but you died and I just kind of forgot about it."
   "So you're fine with it?" Gabriel asks.
   Dean shrugs again, "why not? You can love who you want to love."
   Gabriel nods, "fair enough. What would you say if I told you that Castiel is listening to our conversation...?"
   Dean looks around quickly, "he's not, is he?"
   "What's the bad thing if he is?" Gabriel asks.
   Dean sighs, "I don't know if I'm saying what he wants to hear so if I hurt his feelings by accident then I can't even lie about it and make up for it like that."
   Castiel sighs, "you shouldn't have to lie to me, Dean. You shouldn't have to hide away how you feel, if this is how you feel then I will respect it and if you don't want to admit that you love me right now then that's fine too."
   Dean looks at Castiel who is leaning against the wall, Sam beside him. "I..." he sighs, "thank you, Cass."

   Sam looks at Dean with a sigh, "do you want to talk about why you haven't been sleeping properly the past few days?"
   "No," Dean admits.
   Sam nods, "I will happily talk to you about your feelings Dean."
   "Forget it." Dean says, returning Sam's sigh, "what about you and Gabriel then?"
   Sam's cheek turns a light pink at the mention of his name, "we're good. It's a little annoying with all the flirting and teasing though, I guess. How about you with Castiel? You've never really had a slow relationship, what's that about?"
   Dean hesitates as he thinks about his answer, "we're good, yeah." He nods before walking out of the room, probably to go back to his room.

   "Deano, Sam is telling me that you're avoiding as many questions about you and Cassie as possible. Can I ask why?" Gabriel asks Dean as he walks into the room.
   "Fuck off Gabriel," Dean says before turning back around to walk out. He then appears at the table opposite Gabriel and he tries to get up but he can't, "seriously?" He huffs before shouting, "Sammy!"
   Gabriel rolls his eyes, "I just want answers, that's all. Then I may tell you where Rowena is."
   Dean perks up at this, "you know where she is and you decided not to tell anyone? Fine, whatever... I'll talk."