Proposing?

Castiel smiles at Vivian, "I... I want to do something romantic for Dean. You met him at his most vulnerable point... Perhaps you can give me some tips?"

Vivian grins up at him, "You can give him a ring and ask him to marry you! Then I'll have two awesome dads and people won't make fun of me at school for not having a family."

Castiel furrows his brow, "You're getting bullied?" Vivian's smiles subsides as she realises what she has just said, "It's all right. We... We can talk to the Principal about it and we'll see about this ring business. I'm not entirely accustomed to how marriage works or even what it really is but it sounds fascinating."

Vivian smiles a little, "Okay! Lets go then!"

~~~~

Dean rolls his eyes as he feels someone place their hands over his eyes, "Guess who."

Dean huffs, "Sammy, we haven't played this game since you were five and you always thought it was dad."

Sam sighs deeply, "Fun times..." He pauses, "We have a surprise for you. Well... More specifically, Cass but we're helping."

Dean furrows his brows, "This doesn't seem like it's going to be a good surprise."

Sam shrugs, "Probably not for you... But for us? It's hilarious. Keep your eyes closed... I need to help finishing off the surprise." Dean keeps his eyes closed as Sam moves his hands.

A few minutes later, Dean feels someone grab his hands and slowly lead him through the bunker, "You guys are starting to freak me out now... There isn't going to be a Siren's head when I open my eyes, right? I have seen enough Siren's for a lifetime."

Gabriel chuckles, "Stop. Wait here. No peeking." Dean stands still, forcing his eyes to stay closed. "Okay... Open them."

Obeying, Dean opens his eyes and the closes them again, "If I don't see it, it isn't real."

Sam slaps Dean's arm, "Dean. That's not funny, this guy is knelt on the floor in front of you and you're going to pretend it's not happening?"

Dean sighs heavily and opens his eyes slowly, looking at Castiel knelt on the ground who is surrounded by balloons that Gabriel had insisted on. Castiel smiles a little, "Dean... Will you marry me?"

Dean runs a hand down his face, biting the inside of his mouth roughly, "Cass, I can't marry you. Do you even understand the concept of marriage? This is ridiculous, I--"

Castiel slowly stands up, shaking his head, "I'm not really sure on the concept of marriage. I've heard of the term but then Vivian said it would be the best way to show my affections towards you so I wanted to do it."

Dean runs a hand through his hair, "Marrying someone means that you want to be with them for the rest of your lives, that you love someone and you're wiling to put up with them until on or both parties die. Is that really what you're suggesting?"

Castiel's eyes widen, "That's... That's what marriage is? We have a similar sort of culture to it." He tilts his head at Dean, "If that's the case... Why won't you marry me?"

Sam and Gabriel finally stop laughing, realising that the little prank they had wanted to play on the two has started to backfire as it becomes more serious. Sam goes to interrupt but Dean beats him to it, "You want to marry me...? Me of all people? What the hell is wrong with you? You could find yourself someone so much better than me and still live your life happy with that person."

Castiel raises an eyebrow, "Dean... There is no one better than you, not to me. You have always had your issues and you will always have your issues but you shared them with me. We have lived through so much so why wouldn't I want to be with you for the rest of our lives? You're the only person I have ever really had my eyes on."

Gabriel stares at Castiel in shock, "Castiel, I don't think--"

Dean searches Castiel's eyes, "You're being serious...? Cass, I don't know if I'm ready to commit to something like that... Forever is a long time. Well, not so much for all of us but--"

Castiel nods a little, "Exactly. That's why we should do it. It will be like a promise to each other that we won't leave each other, isn't that good enough? Am I not good enough...?"

Dean moves closer, taking Castiel's hands in his, "You're perfect. You're all anyone could ever ask for, Cass. But I..."

Castiel squeezes Dean's hands, "But you don't think you're good enough for me..." Dean bites his lip, "You still don't understand? You're the only person who is good enough. You're the only person worth loving for any life time. I think I understand... Marriage is a sacred bond and you're scared... But you don't have to be scared, not with me."

Dean takes a deep breath, pressing his forehead against Castiel's forehead, "Chuck give me strength..." He hesitates, "If... If that's what you want. I'll do it... I'll marry you, Cass. All I want is to be with you and if that entails marriage then sure... I've been around for the ride this long, why not see it all through?"

Vivian squeals, hugging Dean as Castiel puts the ring on the hunter's ring finger. "I'm going to have two dads!"

Sam stares at Gabriel wide eyed, "Dean, you have never been one for marriage. Are you sure this is what you want?"

Dean glances at Sam and shrugs, "I have no idea. I'm just... I'm just going to roll with it. Come on, lets go eat a celebratory dinner. There's a nice restaurant not far from here. You two coming?" He looks at Sam and Gabriel who slowly recover and nod before they all head out.

Well, I apologise for being away for a few days but it's finally here... It took a turn I hadn't expected but I didn't know how else I would end this book. I usually prefer a happy ending, don't all of you? Anyway... Love you guys and see you in the next chapter!