Day Seven

Monday July 2nd, 2018

Mark 10:15: (Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.")

     This morning began the start of holiday bible club at Soweto. As we drove to the church, I wasn't as nervous as I had been the past few times. A sense of confidence settled over me and I gathered this confidence from Ruth. She and I had a discussion the night earlier and she shared with me a quote that greatly affected her point of view from David Jeremiah, "A man of God in the will of God is immortal until His work is done." I found that saying to be very profound and reminded me of, Matthew 10:28: (And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear Him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.) God is with us, whom shall we fear? I raise my eyes toward the mountains, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth!

     We began the day by having a meeting at Moletsane with our team and volunteers from the church. We talked through our schedule for the day and who was responsible for what. We finished the meeting with a time in prayer and awaited the children to start coming from the surrounding neighborhood. As the children began coming into the church, we began sorting them into the blue & red groups and assigned them a number for which leader they are assigned to. My group consisted of my little new best friend Reitumetse (Ret-zhu-mit-zee), Tuto (Two-toe), and little boy Nemo that only spoke Zulu. A few other little girls were among my group as well, but they didn't talk very much or possibly didn't speak English. I hope to talk to them at some point and hopefully learn their names as the week progresses! I was also able to meet another new friend, Mbali (Em-bah-lee) who even though a little girl liked to wrestle and greatly helped me in translating into Zulu to some of the kids in my group.

 I hope to talk to them at some point and hopefully learn their names as the week progresses! I was also able to meet another new friend, Mbali (Em-bah-lee) who even though a little girl liked to wrestle and greatly helped me in translating into Z...

     Auntie Taylor and Uncle John then when up to the front of the church. Auntie Taylor then readied her guitar and started strumming the cords to, "My Light House." Uncle Jon than began singing with Auntie Taylor, while Auntie Callie and Auntie Shannon did hand gestures that helped the kids get more involved with the song. After worship Uncle Ryan led the kids in teaching the first few chapters of the "Biggest Story" by Kevin DeYoung. He led the kids through the stories of how God created the world, Adam and Eve, the fall, and Cain and Able.

 He led the kids through the stories of how God created the world, Adam and Eve, the fall, and Cain and Able