Day Fourteen

Monday July 9th, 2018

(Isaiah 41:10: So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand)

     Well this is it, our last day in country. I didn’t sleep very well last night; my mind is being pulled in two different directions. On one hand, I’m excited to go back home to see my mom, my sister, my friends, and the great people of my church family. On the other hand, I’m really going to miss the friends and church family I have discovered over here. My mind is already trying to plan out the next possibility to make it out here. I just pray that God would use me in some format to serve Him here again.

     We packed up and left the camp this morning and set out to Onthatile. From there we unloaded our bags and put them in the landing of the home. The team then each took a seat at their dining table. Rachael Kirby then entered the dining room and offered us some coffee and pumpkin bread. That pumpkin bread was so good! After we ate our fill of pumpkin bread, Ruth told us of the mall we’d be going to, the mall of Africa. And the first thought I had was,

     “Wow, Africa has a mall?”

     When we arrived, I was even more surprised as we pulled into a large parking garage. We entered the mall and took the escalator to the main floor and saw many shopping establishments. The one thing that was on our minds though was lunch, well that and making sure Callie got her Krispy Kreme donut from Africa! We all stood in the food court contemplating out choices considering our 24-hour flight ahead of us. The verdict landed on KFC, which is very different from what we’re used to in the States, it actually tasted good and without any grease!

 The verdict landed on KFC, which is very different from what we’re used to in the States, it actually tasted good and without any grease!

     When lunch was finished we looked around the mall to plan our next expedition, mine and Jon’s eyes fell upon an African candy store. I immediately tried to spy out any licorice candy they had, and I was successful in my search! As I munched on my black licorice I was met with disgusted sounds from Taylor. It’s okay though, she can’t help that she doesn’t know what good candy is. Mike however found a candy bar he took a shine to..

 Mike however found a candy bar he took a shine to