Day Eleven

Friday July 9th, 2018

Galatians 6:9-10: (And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. So then, as we have opportunity, let us do well to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.)

This morning we awoke to the last day of HBC. I'm excited not only to finish but so see if any fruit is growing in any of the kids or the possibly of the gospel to be shared within their families. Sammy is hoping for at least two families to show up to consider this week a success. I pray for that success, but I must remember, it is God who works in and changes people not us. (Romans 9:16)

     As we arrived at Moletsane we were greeted by Pastor Sammy's kids and a few neighborhood kids. We started with singing and the kids are getting even more into singing and being more active with the actions. After worship, Uncle Ryan went to the front and took the kids through the last part of the story of Jesus coming to our rescue by dying for the crimes that we could never pay for and delivering us into the family of God. The children were really glued today to Ryan's teaching which was great to see them so involved.

     Next, we moved on to crafts where we helped the kids make cross necklaces with beads and string. After crafts we moved on to games.

     Game time were a bit more organized than yesterday and everyone had fun participating! Uncle Johnathan then led the kids in a repeat after me song which was called, "singing in the rain

     Game time were a bit more organized than yesterday and everyone had fun participating! Uncle Johnathan then led the kids in a repeat after me song which was called, "singing in the rain." It was a funny sight to see all of the children encircled around Uncle Johnathan with their elbows in, knees together, heads up, tongues out, and then spinning in circles and singing along with Uncle Johnathan. Once game time was done, we went inside and sang more songs and dismissed for lunch.

 Once game time was done, we went inside and sang more songs and dismissed for lunch

     For lunch Sammy sent someone to a tuck shop in Soweto to grab us some Kota. Kota is a traditional Sowetan lunch, which is a behemoth of a sandwich. It consisted of a hollowed out half loaf of bread with chips, a hotdog, beef strips, an egg, and very hot dressing. It was amazing, but it was heavy and sat like a stone in my stomach, literally the rest of the day. It was worth it though.