ѕнoтo тodoroĸι х ғeм!reader

Shoto's empathetic nature tested as he sees his girlfriend inflicted with such sadness. Even with how he struggles with his own issues, Shoto knows reaching out when people he loves are in need are the best ways to better himself too. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About to wrap his knuckles on the closed dorm door, Shoto had second thoughts.

'She said she didn't want to talk...' Festering over the text his girlfriend had sent last night after a quick goodbye the end of class with no real explanation. Even Shoto picked up something was amiss. At a crossroads he respected her wish to be alone but something felt, wrong, about ignoring his guts, 'y/n can yell at me later, something's not right.'

Postponing knocking, Shoto went ahead and jostled the doorknob just as a test. Taken back when it clicked to open. He couldn't back out of his intrusion now. Stepping into the room he waited to be yelled at moment after moment to no real avail. So he shut the door behind him and stood with his back to the door glancing around the darkened room before giving some excuse of a greeting, "L/N I don't mean to intrude I just-"

"You listen for shit Shoto," groggy but certainly your voice his heterochromic eyes search the room for the source only to see the twitch of blankets on your cot as you rose from your bedding.

"My apologies," He dropped his eyes realizing maybe this hunch was wrong and only lead him to bring upon your irritability with him, "I just...I just thought something was wrong."

Not suspecting to have his hunch confirmed. He loses it to an ache in his heart when you sit up from your bed. Ragged still in yesterday's clothes. Dark circles under your eyes only accented with the red puffiness he knew too well caused by crying. And it looked like you'd been crying awhile.

Out of reaction he steps to you with intent to help, "Y-Y/N what is-"

"It's fine-" Your curt response stalls his steps. Wiping at your face it had been a while since you stopped crying but the sobs had done a job on your tight chest muscles and complexion. Blotchy and red only worsened with him seeing you like this, "It's- I'm fine. Shoto."

Expecting your boyfriend to exceedingly dissect on each part of this wasn't fine. As he did with most emotional dealings. You were surprised to have him cross the room in a matter of strides. Taking you into a hug as he cradled your cheek into his stomach.

Utterly surprised you freeze a moment not sure how to react to such a knee jerk reaction from the normally composed hero. All for nothing as his body warmth soothes the ache in your soul and you throw your arms around his waist just to bury yourself in the shirt. Shoto's scent nothing short of heart wrenching when the tears you thought cried themselves out earlier bubbled up in your throat. Fighting it you tighten the hug. Wordless Shoto does the same thing pulling you closer into him.

Lips pressed to the top of your head. The slight influx of his hot and cold sides draw your attention away from your miserable self loathing thoughts. Nothing significant but enough you had picked up when his hand would warm up or become cold. Regardless of how you felt, he was still aways on your mind. Pulling away from the hug just enough to catch a glimpse of his face. Your heart skips a beat seeing the tears roll down his cheeks though not a lick of expression was readable on his face.

"...I wish you would have told me it was this bad again," Shoto muttered, leaning his lips into your hairline. You feel his grip tightened on you and it's hard to focus on your own miserable thoughts when he clung to you.

Hiding your face in his chest you hold your tongue before some sort of an excuse rolls off your lips, "...I thought it'd just go away...I didn't want to bother you."

"You are never a bother-" his reaction a bit of a startle with how sharp it is. Shoto releases the hug just to drop down in front of you. Grasping for your hands he clasps them between his own. Emotions clearly getting the best of him as one hand is much colder than the other heating up, "You are- You are never a bother." His blue and grey eyes staring at you. Until he lowers his gaze and brings your hands to his lips, "...you are so lovely."

"Shoto-" you try to stop him before this spiel.

"Smart, dedicated, hardworking, skilled, lovely," his lips brush your knuckles as he compliment hits your ears in that low voice of his, "You are...so lovely."

"S-Shoto-" voice cracking you hate how he makes you feel. Going to him first off would have helped. But you were selfish and scared every time you needed him that it might drive him away. Here he was though closer than ever.

The fire ice quirk hero leans up and takes the sweetest and utterly fluttering kiss from your lips before he speaks up softly, "...you are never a bother. Never."

Taking a deep nerve quelling breath. His words aren't a solve all. But they are a start and a damn good one at that. You reach your arms out as does he and you encase one another in a long hug. Life hurt. But together it hurt a little less.