Meeting my parents

Time skip; seven years

    I woke up to a light blinding me, again, and I couldn't help the annoyed grunt I let out. How dare the sun be so blinding. The bed I'm laying on is so comfortable that I don't want to get up. I'd rather just stay in bed all day...... My thoughts were interrupted as the sound of knocking a door filled the silence. "Young miss, it's time for you to get up." A female voice called from behind a door. "Yes~ I'm getting up now." I called out to her, and forced myself to leave the comforting bed. I walked ahead to a tall mirror and a small child with different colored eyes gazed back, her soft, pink upper back length hair bouncing as she stopped in front of the mirror, and shined from the suns light. I wasn't fazed, as I have gotten used to the exotic colors I possessed. They weren't that exotic in this world anyway.

It's been seven years since I've been reincarnated as Sakura. Not much has happened honestly, I behaved like a normal baby as much as I could. Today is actually a special occasion; I'm going to finally meet Sakura's parents. In the game, her parents were super snobbish, resulting their personality to influence Sakura. If that never happened, Sakura wouldn't be who she was in the game, and probably would've never bullied the heroine... Anyways, I got dressed into a diluted pink dress with small frills on the ends, and no design. I had to convince the maids to let me dress myself, as it was embarrassing letting someone else do it, and they always gave me the oddest options to wear. One time, they tried to say that a lime green and mud brown dress with weird cyan swirls running across it would look good.... They're out of their minds.

Once I finished getting ready(I was gifted a necklace and almost wore it, but one look at that overly fancy jewelry made me want to puke rainbows. It looks way too expensive, and it wouldn't match my dress), I opened the door while standing on my tip-toes.

The first person to greet me was the first person I ever saw when I came into this world. As I grew, I learned that her name was Cally, and she was the head maid. She always held a stern expression. She wore black, thick rimmed square glasses and had medium length dark orange hair that went well with her yellow eyes. She always had her hair in two braids.

Another maid I knew was Suzan, who was always making mistakes and tripping over things. She sported slightly short, bright blue hair that was held in a small ponytail, with dark blue eyes.

The last person I saw a lot was a butler named Hanzel. He had short dirty blonde hair, and a pair of brown eyes. There were a ton of other servants, but those three I saw the most.

I greeted Cally with a small, polite curtsy. "How do you do, Maid Cally." I rehearsed with a curtsy, glancing up hopefully for a positive reaction. I have been taking etiquette classes since I was four. They were hard to remember at first, but now I have almost perfect manners. Cally bowed back at me. "How do you do, Young miss." She said before straightening her back. "It is time for you to eat some breakfast. After that, you will meet with Master Talen, and Miss Holly." She told me, then started leading me to the dining room. I tried to contain my nervousness as much as I could. I'm going to meet Sakura's- Well.. 'My' parents. It's scary, finally meeting the two people who shaped Sakura into a snob and a bully.

I ate in silence, my nerves taking over as I reached the end of my meal. I hope this meeting will end fast."Young Miss, come." Cally called for me, and I followed behind her. We reached a tall door, and Cally knocked politely. A firm 'come in' was heard, and she opened the door. Two people stood there. One was a woman with long, pink hair and a white hat on, two diamond bracelets on both her wrists, and golden eyes. Her dress was pretty fancy too. She was beautiful, no doubt. The other person was a man with short, styled shiny red hair, and ice blue eyes, with a mean look. His suit was polished and expensive looking. He was also handsome. Cally shut the door, quickly leaving to most likely not be in the presence of these two authority figures.

Mother; Holly 

Father; Talen

'So these are my parents now...' I couldn't help but think as I gazed up at them, taking in their features. I could tell that I resembled them, mostly my mother. I lifted the corners of my dress and curtsied. "Mother. Father. It's a pleasure to finally meet you." I spoke clearly, catching the woman glance at my plain attire with distasteful eyes.

"Sakura, it's nice to meet you too." She said with a warm smile, but I could tell from the look in her eyes that I didn't meet her expectations. Father gave me a curt nod, probably thinking the same thing.

I held my hands together behind me, seeing them watch me expectantly. I didn't really know what to talk to them about, so maybe I should talk about what they like first... And then starts the tiring conversation all about them.

I conversed with them for a while about jewels and money, whatever they fancied, and we even ate together. It was one of the most awkwardest and tense meals I've ever had.

After I was finally able to leave, I went in my room and collapsed on my bed. I felt exhausted. Do you know how tiring it is to talk to someone with a huge ego and a love for bringing down others? Times that by two! They both made it a point to tell me how much better they are, and how much better I could be if I did this and that.

I sighed and changed into my white nightgown, then flopping back down on my bed. I'll have to talk and eat with them every day... With that depressing thought in mind, I fell asleep.

No images belong to me, I just edited some images from google to match the description I had.