The Two Princes (part 1)

Almost a year later;

My gaze swept over the many dresses displayed before me. The ones closest to me were colored in multiples of red and pink, green and blue, and black and white. They all looked professionally hand-made, and were fit for even the highest status.

The only one that really caught my eye was a lovely pearl white dress, that would be long enough to reach below my knees. The end of the dress had pastel pink frills, along with black lining them. The sleeve was parted in a way that would show the shoulder, and a pair of long pearly white gloves with a matching pink strip at the top came with the outfit. The boots were the same white and had black buckles on the top, and the bottom of them were the matching pastel pink. Black leggings were also in the mix.

I let on a gentle smile when I ran my hand across the fabric of the dress, finding it soft to the touch. "Mm.. This one seems nice." My head tilted to the left as I glanced up at the maid next to me. It was a new one. She was put in charge of getting me ready.

She looked down and gave an immediate curtsy when my eyes met hers, saying in a polite voice, "I'm glad you found one to your liking, Young Miss."

She straightened up and held out her hand. I put my hand in hers and she led me to the bathroom, where I would take a soothing bath before the event.

You're probably confused on what's going on. Let me explain.

It's almost been a year, about 8 months to be exact, which means that today is Sakura's- well, now my- birthday. I'm going to turn eight today. I guess it's exciting.. But there's also something I'm worried about. In the game, today is the day the heroine is supposed to meet the villainess(me) and two of the capture targets, Yusaga and Malroi, the princes of the kingdom I'm currently in.

Yusaga has quite a noble personality. He stands for justice and will never back down when evil is coming his way. In the game, he's known for his kind personality and gorgeous looks(now that I can actually see him, I'll be the judge of that). Honestly, he's a little too into justice. He'll let himself get hurt just to protect someone. It seems nice in general, but being too selfless can be a bad thing. In his route, you would have the option to either help him be more protective of himself, or keep him the way he is(people who like being protected usually choose this one). If you choose the right choices, you can find out that he's actually pretty insecure, and hopes that if he fights in everyone else's place, then no one will dislike him. It's rare to get a bad ending in his route, so he's the one most people go after first.

Malroi is almost his opposite, though he also dislikes injustice. Malroi is a cold person. He would not stand up for some random person unless it would benefit him. People would call him the Selfish Prince, because he seemed like he got everything he wanted and he wasn't grateful for it. The opposite is true, though. Malroi is the second born prince, meaning he won't take the throne when the time comes and his brother will. Which means that his brother is favored, and given more attention. Malroi has to earn the things he wants. He works for everything. The way his family treated his brother compared to the way they treated him made him grow up colder than Yusaga. In his route, you will be able to either help him get over not becoming king, or help him take the throne. Yes, you read that right. In his route you could help him become the villain and steal the throne. If you go down the villain path, it's a lot harder to get a good ending, since every choice matters. Of course, he was also good looking(since he's one of the capture targets).

While I was explaining all that, I finished my bath. The maid from before helped me get dressed in the outfit I picked. I obviously wore no makeup, and not because I hate it. I'm 8 years old for God's sake.

All the maid did to my hair was dry and brush it, since I asked for it to stay down. I enjoyed the feeling of my hair down.

I twirled in front of the long mirror, giggling happily at the way the dressed swayed. I'm so glad we have good dressmakers, this is so comfortable to be in. Even the leggings weren't uncomfortable.

After I finished admiring the dress, I signaled the maid to bring me to the party. The King is attending the party for whatever reason. The game didn't really specificy. He would be allowing the princes to come to the party so they could gain experience in dealing with people. Of course, they would have a ton of bodyguards with them.

As I walked with the maid, I spotted Hanzel watching us from the shadows. I quirked an eyebrow at him but said nothing. Maybe he was sent to watch over me. There are a bunch of crazies in the world, after all. Even in this one.

Soon, we reached two large doors which led to the stairs to the dining room(the party was being hosted there). The maid gave me a glance and I nodded. She pushed open the doors, and immediately a fanfare started. I flinched at the sound of trumpets playing. There was even a red carpet for me to walk on. Everyone who was talking quieted down and turned their eyes to me.

I tried to keep down my blush as I descended down the carpeted stairs. It's not like I wasn't expecting my parents to make a big deal of it since they did it every year, but there were way more people than usual.

When I reached the end, my parents elegantly walked(more like floated like the majestic creatures they are) to me. "Oh, look at my daughter. Finally dressing up nice for once." My mother ended her sentence with a chuff, before walking to me and patting my shoulder with her perfectly smooth and manicured hand. "Happy birthday, my beautiful angel."

Her words made me smile. Sure, she was a bit snobby in some places, but she was still my mother in this world, and it's not like she's a bad one. She just didn't think of the consequences for the way she raised in-game Sakura.

My father followed Mother quietly. I peeked up at him and met his eyes. "..Happy birthday, Sakura." He gave me the tiniest of smiles. My father was less snobby, but he was a quiet man. I was glad to get one of his rare smiles.

"Thank you Mama and Papa." I spoke the words with a giggle, grinning up at them and showing my teeth. I downgraded from 'mother' and 'father' to 'mama' and 'papa' a while ago, and it seemed to make them happy(although they usually reprimand me for not being mature). I added the grin because I'm still only 8. I should be acting my age.

Soon, everyone who was staring at us went back to their own conversations. I felt relieved. It's unnerving to have random people stare at you.

"Come, Sakura. We must introduce you to those lovely princes." Mother spoke hurriedly like an excited child. I knew what she wanted. She wanted me to connect with one of them then get engaged, so I would have a higher social standing. I guess it's kinda sweet. The message is subtle, but I think it means that she wants me to have a good place in the future. Though that doesn't make it any better for me.

"Of course, Mama." I didn't let my thoughts show and let her lead the way to my soon-to-be demise.

(A/N: This is only part one, I'll write more later. Don't expect consistent updates though lol.)