A garden will cheer me up

A couple months has past since I met my parents in this world. They still talk down to me a lot, but I honestly think they're getting better. I decided upon myself to improve my relationship with them, but I refuse to do so while they are bad people.

Right now it's almost the afternoon. I'm in my room reading 'Magic History: The Beginning To Now'. I will admit that I stole it from the library, but no one needs to know right?

I've always been interested in magic. And since I've been reincarnated as Sakura, I should be able to do all the magic she was able to do. If I remember correctly, Sakura in the game had the fire attribute, which was I think in the less common tier, and the heroine had light magic, which was a rare tier(so cliche /('ー`)/). Shaking off my thoughts, I focused back on the book in my hands.

The paragraph I'm on(it's a thick book and I'm on around page 300. I know it seems nerdy to read so much, but magic can be pretty interesting) read:

'Less and less people are being born magic every century, and about 60% of the population are born with a magic affinity as of now. Recent studies say that the magic energy that supplies the unborn has been slowly draining, but no worries are needed, as even without the supply, everything has it's own magic, and nothing will be harmed even if no one finds a way to stop the source of magic from being drained from our world. Some affinities-'

I paused. My eyes skimmed the paragraph again. I don't understand.. If the magic drains from this world, wouldn't all the magic dissipate along with it? The magic has to come from somewhere other than here, so I'm pretty sure nothing in this world has it's own magic. I couldn't help the thoughts that flew in my brain. My head abruptly started to hurt, making me hold it and grimace. My hands were stinging, but the pain in my head was stronger.

The pain suddenly disappeared, and I found myself staring up at the ceiling. I was still sitting, but the book wasn't in my hands anymore. I glanced around frantically and found it on the ground next to the wall on my right. When had I thrown that? I straightened my back, almost falling backwards.

What was I thinking about again? I racked my brain, but it was like the past three minutes just disappeared from my memory. Everything from a few minutes ago in my mind was hazy. I felt my brows furrow in annoyance and glanced at the mirror on the wall. I massaged my temples with my hands, such an irritated expression shouldn't belong to this face.

My gaze again found the book that laid on the floor. I frowned and hopped off my bed, reaching down to the book and staring at it. With a sigh I hid the book behind my back and walked to my door, slowly opening it. I tip-toed down the long hallway and made my way to the library(I spent a lot of time there, so I had memorized the route). Making sure the coast was clear, I swiftly walked in and put the book back to it's original spot. I smiled to myself triumphantly. That was so easy, I thought there's supposed to be more security in a castle.

I hummed quietly to myself as I skipped out of the library in search of one of the staff, hoping to get a snack. I was so consumed on my thoughts that I didn't feel the eyes staring at my retreating figure.

; timeskip, noon

I silently gave a sigh of relief when I exited the dining room, I had just had lunch with them. Though my parents are slowly but surely getting kinder, it's still exhausting having to chat with them every day.

I thought back to earlier today, where a small portion of my memory is missing. I couldn't shake the feeling that something was off, but if I can't remember what happened then there's nothing to base my feeling on.

"Maid Cally?" I called with a forced smile. Said maid, who was walking beside me, stopped moving and curtsied. "Yes, Young Miss?"

"I wish to take a walk, bring me to the garden." I ordered politely and watched as she gave me a nod. "Of course. This way is the garden, follow me." She walked off, me following her.

; at the garden

My forced smile slowly became real as we got closer to our destination. The garden here is absolutely beautiful, there's so many flowers, and everything is really healthy(of course it is, we have the best caretakers in the palace to care for it). There were flowers here that existed in my previous life, and some I have never seen before. A lot of them had lots of bright and bold colours, almost making them seems like they were glowing on the dark green, grassy ground.(Who knows, maybe they were. You can never tell in a magical world.)

My favorite ones were definitely the roses. Not the ones with the bold colours, though they are beautiful, but the ones that were a deep, blood red. They reminded me a lot of how the roses were in my previous life, besides the fact that the red was richer and more pronounced.

I skipped a few times as I made my way over to the roses. I crouched down and stared at them, entranced, and gave them a small sniff. They obviously smelled like flowers, but there was an underlying scent of something like fruitcake(kinda odd but it smelled nice). I refused to pick one though, I didn't want it to die. And besides, they belong out here, surrounded by nature in its purest form. There was probably magic to make them not die if picked, but it still felt wrong to me, to take them away from their rightful place and putting it on display for my own selfish enjoyment.

I let out a wistful sigh and stood up. I would've sat down, but Maid Cally is with me and she would most likely scold me for sitting on the dirty ground.(get it, there's dirt, and it's a dirty ground, see what I did there- okay I'll stop now) I hummed softly as I made my way to one of the outside tables, with small white and pink designs on the pillows. I sat down and smiled, it was really soft to sit on, unlike some things that are just meant to look nice.

Maid Cally trailed behind me, standing while I sat down. "Maid Cally, please sit, the pillows are splendidly soft and I'd love for you to share the experience with me." She looked like she wanted to say no, but thought against it as she couldn't really refuse an 'order' from me.(Even though it would have been fine if she didn't want to, I wouldn't have forced her.)

She gently pulled out a chair and sat down with elegance that I always admired from her. Her face lit up with a small smile at the cushiony pillow on the chair. "This lowly maid thanks you for letting her sit with Young Miss." She spoke clearly and bowed her head to me, making me bite my lip in attempt to not speak out and say she doesn't need to. "You're welcome, Maid Cally. It is a pleasure for me to sit here with you on this fine afternoon." I gave her another smile then turned to gaze at the flowers, admiring the beauty of the bold colours.

It felt like just half an hour before someone spoke, "Young Miss, you should head inside before you are late for dinner with Master Talen and Miss Holly." I blinked and looked at the sky. It was already getting darker. I must've been too distracted by the flowers to notice. I hopped off the chair, with a gracefulness that I had been practicing all my reincarnated life might I add, and turned to Maid Cally. "Of course. Please lead the way." She gave me a curt nod and walked off in a direction, (when had she gotten off the chair?) me following her with quick steps to catch up.

(I wasn't planning on uploading this since it's pretty much uneventful and not finished, but I can't really think of anything to add to this chapter. I hope that the next one will be more entertaining.)