II

The brunette growled at her best friend.

Yes, growled.

She felt like eating a whole antelope too.

The girl felt like a lion at the moment. Her anger and hunger mixed together in terrible, terrible spirals.

Yes, terrible twice.

"You know, maybe you should, I don't know, let Jack explain." Her friend rolled her eyes as she spoke sarcastically.

She growled again, "No, Veronica. I will not!"

She stuffed her face to her white pillow.

They were in Champagne's room in their shared apartment in Los Angeles, California.

The apartment was actually bought by their parents in the suburbs, so they would have no problem in paying.

The two come from well-off families that were willing to keep them forever, but they decided to be independent.

The brunette just turned 17, while her friend, Veronica, was 18.

She moved out because it was okay with her parents, plus she graduated High School early.

Perks of being a top student.

Veronica sighed, "Fine. I guess I'll just leave you here to mope while I go eat the delicious fries from heaven at McDona--"

"Oh wait! Okay I'll let him explain!" She managed to blurt out as she ran for Veronica, who was already by the door.

Veronica smirked, "Perfect."

-

"Two large BFF fries, a Big Mac, three Iced Coffees; one vanilla, two plain, and a box of chicken nuggets please."

The lady at the register looked at her weirdly, "Is that all Ma'am?"

"Oh I don't know. Um, V, do you wanna order too?"

The register lady looked at her, mouth agape.

Who could eat that much?

Her, apparently.

"Oh, right. I'll take one Medium size fries, a diet coke, and a quarter pounder."

"That will be 35.87 dollars."

Champagne took out her wallet and pulled out a hundred dollar bill and gave it to the lady at the register.

"Add in five bucks as your tip." She beamed.

The lady smiled, "Thank you, Ma'am!"

They took their orders to the second floor of the McDonald's food chain and begun digging in.

All while doing so, Champagne accidentally spilled ketchup over her white top.

"Oh my globulous!" She exclaimed.

"Wait a minute, I'll go clean up."

Veronica just nodded and kept eating her burger.

The brunette rushed to the restroom, when she was suddenly jolted to a stop by a brick wall.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry!"

There stood a boy with curls that was the same height as her.

The boy wore a black low cut shirt, a silver cross necklace, black jeans, and what looked like Nike Airs.

His eyes shone the lightest shade of brown, and he looked as if he was in deep thought. He had a sharp jaw line, and his lips were the plumpest and pinkest she had ever seen. His nose was a little bent.

Had he been punched a couple times? She thought to herself.

"It's okay, I-uh, have to go."

The boy rushed out of the restroom hallway.

Well that was awkward. She thought to herself.

But she swore to all things alive that his voice sounded so damn familiar.

She just couldn't point it out.