chapter one

some events have been altered from the shows official storyline. these are purely for the purpose of plot and the development of the relationship between michael and the reader.

your p/o/v

Above all, the sanctum was boring. Insanely boring. There was nothing to do but sit around and listen to Cocos' incessant complaining and Evie reminiscing on outdated experiences ( not to mention Mr.Gallants occasional aggressive outbursts.)

As of present, I was seated on a sofa beside Emily whilst the others had all retired to their rooms for the evening. Emily had been reading a poetry book retrieved from the library, when she suddenly stopped and looked to me with a mischievous smirk. "What's that look all about?" I asked holding back a little giggle, tucking a stray hair behind my ear. "I have a secret to tell you, but you have to swear not to tell anybody, kay?" She whispered to me; i could hear the hesitation in her voice.

I placed a hand gently on her shoulder and allowed myself to laugh at her nervousness quietly, "Of course I won't tell anyone, don't be absurd!" I whispered back excitedly. "I slept with Timothy!" She sniggered and hid her face in her hands. I clapped my hands, "Oh my gosh Emily! It was about time!"

The living room doors slammed open- we both jumped back expecting an enraged Ms.Venable, but instead stood a tall slender man. His hair was shoulder length strawberry blonde, natural curls at the ends. He wore a particularly dark suit, a fiendish smirk on his clear complexioned face. Blue eyes that could glimmer in sunlight stared back at us, me and Emily, and I was even more taken aback than I would be if it were Ms.Venable stood there in pink rather than her fashionable purple.

"Good evening, may I ask you where Ms.Venable and Ms. Mead are?" He spoke aloud, and I jumped at his commanding voice. I hadn't expected him to speak- I almost believed he was a spectre. After all, how would anybody be able to survive on the surface of the world after the bombings? And if he had been in a different sanctum, how could he have survived the travel?

"Who are you?" Ms.Venable asked, appearing behind the man. He turned to face her with a growing smirk, but narrowing eyes. "I am Mr.Langdon. I'm here representing the cooperative, if you could kindly assemble everybody currently residing in this sanctum in the main living room it would be greatly appreciated."