chapter five

He didn't lie, he didn't look up from his laptop once whilst I got changed.

"I'm ready," I said and looked around the room quickly to see where I was supposed to be sleeping, as I was doing so he stood from his desk and waved his hand in the direction of his bed. "You'll be sleeping in my bed. Would you be uncomfortable if I slept beside you?" He asked with a gleam in his eyes. I nodded my head and crossed my arms, scowling a little. "I'm not sharing a bed with you. That's weird!"

He nodded and smiled. "Then I'll sleep on the sofa." He replied as he walked to the red cushioned lounger with a rich wooden frame, it didn't look anywhere as near as comfortable as the bed. He raised an eyebrow at me and complained: "Do you plan on staring as I change?" I shook my head and blushed furiously, quickly jumping into his bed. It smelt like wood and musk but with a hint of floral; It was almost heavenly. I sunk into the foam mattress that wasn't hard like my own, the pillows poofy and numerous of them. I glanced over to Michael, only in his boxers as he laid on the sofa with a thin blanket pulled over him. I owed him my life, I was a guest in his room but I still couldn't find it in myself to like him. He had an evil aura, a menacing and controlling attitude. My body and mind clearly had opposing views on him though, my stomach flipping and bubbling as I briefly watched him. As though on cue, he turned on his side and made eye contact with me, "You're certain you don't want me to share the bed with you?" He mocked. "I'm certain!"

......

It had been about an hour or two and every attempt to fall asleep had failed. The bed, though comfortable, was far too large for one person and the massive empty space beside me made me nervous. Plus it was freezing and knowing that Mr. Langdon was basically a heater made it even more tempting to ask him to come into the bed. I gave in.

"Mr. Langdon?" I whispered hesitantly.

"You should be asleep." He replied immediately in a teasing tone.

"I'm cold, are you cold Mr. Langdon?"

"Slightly, maybe."

"Maybe if you... came in the bed then maybe we would both be a little warmer, maybe."

He didn't reply but I heard the shuffling of the sofa and feet on the wooden floor, then large hands that lifted me and placed me back down on the other side of the bed. He laid in what was once my spot, I hissed "It's even colder on this side!" He chuckled slightly and pulled me to his chest, my body jumping at the contact. "I'll keep you warm," He said so quietly I wasn't sure I had heard him. "T-thank you, Mr. Langdon."

"Michael."

"Hm?"

"Call me Michael."