Part Four

Thanks to everyone that's reading this, I've actually completed this story, but BLARG....... I'm eventually going to get around to uploading it all. Everytime I paste it here the page breaks dissapear so I have to re-fix them up and it's quite annoying. Probably should mention there's a fair bit of bad language and mild adult themes... hence which is why the story is rated PG-13 Parents Strongly cautioned... if there had have been sex scenes then I probably would have made the rating R. Hmm, well, enjoy this chapter and let me know what you think. I'm working on the sequel already. :D

After Gerard got off the phone, he exited the van and jumped into the drivers seat. All of the panic was making me feel sick in the stomach and Mikey came and sat back down next to me, keeping an eye on my wound. He applied some disinfectant from a first aid box from on top of the fridge and then covered it with a bandage. The van began to move and from the way Gerard was driving, it was lucky we didn’t crash. I swear we ran over some sort of animal or something as we sped around one of the corners.   

“Where are we going?” I asked breaking the silence. “Best not to question Gerard when he’s in one of these determined moods, but seeing as he said “the usual place”, he’s probably meaning Maccas,” said Ray, staring off into the distance. “We have to call Holly, I have a feeling something terrible is happening to her,” I said, pulling out my phone.

“I know you’re worried, but be careful, Myca, it could just make things a whole lot worse than you want them to be,” Frank replied as he opened a small cabinet, with an inbuilt kettle plugged in. “Coffee anyone? We’re going to need to keep alert tonight,”   

I was too busy dialling Holly’s number that I didn’t even reply. The number dialled out and a man answered the phone. “Who’s this?” he said gruffly. “What have you done to my friend? Let me talk to Holly! Please tell me you haven’t hurt her!” I heard screaming in the background and Holly’s desperate cries for help. So, she was still alive... that was good news.

“She doesn’t know anything... she’s not involved, she’s done nothing wrong,” I screamed. 

“She is involved if she’s got anything to do with you. Now, listen up sweetie. We’re very lenient people. We only hurt people if there’s a reason to hurt them. If you don’t show up tonight in exchange for your friend, we will have a reason to hurt. Got it?” The phone line suddenly went dead. Frank turned to us face everyone.

“Coffee’s anyone?” he asked, forcing a smile and triumphantly holding up the coffee jar. I sighed... men...   With the threats from my dad and his friends still swimming wildly around my mind, it was difficult not to be worried. Of course, worrying here and there is perfectly natural, especially when you have a good reason. On the other hand, consistent worrying can destroy a person. 

Mikey sat next to me and held me tightly in his arms. It felt comforting and before I knew it, I had drifted into a deep and uneasy sleep. Nightmares weaved their way into my mind, some portraying my deepest, darkest fears, others I could barely comprehend. I tossed and turned, screaming, trying to push the thoughts away, while I attempted to ignore the voices and evil laughter that wouldn’t leave my mind.   “Myca... it’s alright, you’re safe,”  

I awoke with a start and felt immediate relief when I found that Mikey’s arms were still protecting me, keeping me safe.  

“You’ve been dreaming, everything is okay now,” he whispered in my ear. I nestled into his chest and he stroked my hair. I peered outside the window and noticed it was getting dark. How long had I been sleeping for?   

“Um, Mikey... what time is?” I asked, slowly looking around for a clock or something. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. “6:30pm.” he replied. I sighed and fell back into his arms, trying to block out the rest of the band as they snored loudly. “Thank you, Mikey,” I said, staring up into his eyes. Mikey didn’t reply, or question my thanks for that matter.