7

The sun was shinning bright and so was Cheri's ego.

After leaving a bamboozled Yuna behind in the bathroom, Cheri strutted back into class feeling satisfied with herself without a shadow of guilt; this was a win in her books. She beat Jaemin at his own game in the span on three minutes and ruined Yuna's first kiss. The feeling of victory washed away the pain that her cramps were previously causing her.

And even throughout the rest of their school, Cheri kept a small smile on her face; but unbeknownst to her, so did Yuna.

♛ ♛ ♛

"Are there any parties this weekend?" Haechan's questioned his best friend who was standing next to him, who was busy scrolling through Instagram.

"There is one that I know of." Cheri turned off her phone and slipped it into her pocket.

"Who's hosting?"

"Some grade ten," She glanced around, growing impatient. "Jisung told me about it since that's where he's going tonight."

"So you're keeping tabs on him now?" He teased, bumping his hip with hers.

The two were standing outside of the school, waiting for the rest of their friends. The bell had just rung dismissing everyone for the weekend and the two were wanting to do something with their Friday night.

"I only know about this because he was just texting me asking if I cared if I cared if he hooked up with some girl tonight."

"You're kidding." He laughed.

"I'm dead serious." Cheri joined in, pulling out her phone to show him the texts.

Jeno approached the laughing pair. "What's so funny?"

Cheri immediately slipped her phone into her pocket. "Nothingggggg." She cheekily smiled at Jeno and ruffled his hair.

Renjun, Jaemin and Yuna joined the mini circle. They greeted everyone and launched into a mini conversation but that came to a close when Yuna's older brother's G-Wagon pulled up.

"Alright boys and girls," Jaemin slung his arms around Jeno and Renjun's shoulders. "We need to go now but we'll catch you later."

"Where're you heading?" Cheri tilted her head to the side, glaring at Jaemin.

"We're picking up for some grade ten party." Jeno responded, noticing the look that Haechan and Cheri exchanged.

"Yeah, so if it's lit, we'll text you guys and you can reach. If not we'll just meet you guys at Yuna's." Jaemin said, right before Yuna's ride honked.

"We're going to Yuna's?" Haechan smirked, nodding his head at her car.

Yuna bounced on the balls of her feet. "I was planning on inviting you guys over tonight."

An idea popped into Cheri's mind, causing her to beam at the other girl. "I'm in."

Renjun rolled his eyes at the two's antics, playing with his car keys. "The liquor store closes in a few hours, so we need to get a move on before all of the cheap beers get taken."

Jaemin dropped his arms from around his two friends and pinched Yuna's cheek, whilst Jeno gave a quick hug to Cheri. "See you later."

♛ ♛ ♛

Throughout the entire car ride to the house, Cheri spent her time studying Yuna's older brother.

During the drive, he still had on the same pair of sunglasses he was wearing last time she saw him, all that she could see from her view in the back seat was his sharp jawline, pale skin and his veiny hands lazily gripping the wheel.

When they finally arrived at her two story home, he waited for them to get out before promptly speeding off, saying something about seeing a friend.

"You're brother seems interesting." Cheri broke the silence, flicking through the host's closet.

"I guess." Yuna shrugged from her spot at the window seat. "He's okay."

"I bet." Haechan's eyes scanned the grey walls of her room.

The place was vanilla and basic. Grey walls lined with string lights, a wooden bed frame that had white bed sheets with grey fluffy pillows, a grey and white stripped rug covering most of the floor, and a desk to match the bed frame with a clear desk chair, along with a full body mirror propelled up in the corner of the room.

"Why are all of your clothes so boring?" Cheri groaned, still flicking back and forth between hangers.

Yuna's jaw dropped. "Pardon me?"

"Translation," Haechan shrugged off his jacket. "why don't you have any thing stylish or that show off your body."

"I just never really thought that appearance is what matters." She nodded to herself. "It's what's on the inside that counts."

Cheri snorted and turned her back to the closet." That's just some shit that ugly girls say to make themselves feel better."

"But I'm not ugly." The girl sat up straighter, trying to defend herself against the queenka.

Cheri sighed and crossed the room to sit next Yuna. "You like Jaemin, right?" Yuna nodded her head slowly. "And you know that he's like, one of the hottest guys in school, right?" She nodded again. "So let me help you unleash the potential that you have."

"How do you know that it'll work."

Cheri titled her head to the side and stroked Yuna's arm. "Because, the fantasy world that shy, plain, 'it's on the inside that counts', y/n type bitches live in where the most popular boy in school magically falls in love with her doesn't exist." She spoke very slowly to make sure that the innocent girl had time to digest the important information that was being said. "In reality, pretty, confident girls like me always get the boys that I want."

A loud clap sounded through the room followed by Haechan's melodious laugh. "That's the most shallow thing I've ever heard, but she's not wrong."

"Imagine if you didn't melt into a pool of putty every time Jaemin breathed in your direction... He'd actually see you as something he wants and less of something to mess with."

"Can you help me?" Yuna's wide eyes pleadingly starred into Cheri's.

"I'm glad that you finally asked."

♛ ♛ ♛