The Dresser Home Invader

"I was 17 years old and it happened on a late summer night.

My dad and my little brother had gone to a Boy Scout camp out. My dad was one of the scout masters.

I was home alone with my mom for the weekend. She was already in bed at this point, it was about 2:00 in the morning and I was just finishing up my late night gaming. I had to go to the bathroom one more time before going to sleep though.

While sitting on the toilet playing games on my phone, I heard the faintest little tap on the bathroom door.

'Mom? Is that you? Mom!' I yelled.

It wasn't windy or anything. There didn't seem to be any logical way to dismiss it. I slowly and nervously opened the door. There was nobody there, but my bedroom door was now shut.

I was certain I hadn't shut it.

I went over to my mom's room and told her I thought somebody was in my room. She didn't take me seriously and told me that she didn't know what to tell me. I tried to convince myself that, maybe I did shut my door.

I opened my door, feeling extremely freaked out and when I snuck a peek into the room, I felt like my heart exploded inside my chest. I could see a hand sticking out from behind the dresser in the corner of my room.

Somebody was hiding there.

I ran to my mom's room and locked the door behind me. After quietly freaking out, telling her that there's a man in the house, she finally believed me and went straight to the phone to call the cops.

I put my ear up against the door to try to hear anything going on outside. I eventually heard the man's footsteps come out from my room and slowly come closer to my mom's room 'til making it right outside the door, and stopping.

I could see the outlines of his shoes from the bottom crack of the door.

He tried the doorknob but thankfully it had a lock. It seemed the lock was enough to persuade him to give up because I heard him stomp downstairs and out the front door.

I hurried to the window to see which way the man was headed but he was already gone."

~Anonymous Author