Pizza Delivery Meth Heads

"I was never the delivery boy when I worked at Gino's Pizzeria, but when the new kid called out sick on like his second day, I had to take over for the night.

It was a slow Tuesday night for deliveries so it wasn't too bad. I had a manual 1998 Ford Mustang, a gas guzzler so I in no way wanted to beat that car around town delivering pizzas.

I made three normal deliveries within three hours. The place closes at 9:00 on weekdays so I estimated one or maybe two more deliveries for the night.

I picked up the phone to a customer who sounded like the definition of a meth head or something. She had a raspy voice, she stuttered, she forgot what she was saying, she had long pauses.

Literally, there was like a ten seconds gap between her saying, 'Can I just get a...and regular pizza.'

It was a huge production getting the address from her. Sounded like she was asking someone in the background what the address was.

Well I was just "so" excited to meet these people.

After she gave me the address, she hung up without me even telling her the price or how long.

I told my chef who's name was actually Mario, (I know, a bit cliche) one regular 'pie'.

Ten minutes later, I was on my way.

We live in the middle of absolute no where so each delivery was a bigger trip with a bigger tip.

It took probably ten minutes for me to get to the location. There was a long and dark gravel road through the woods and occasional trailer homes I had to drive through until I finally reached their home.

It was a trailer home.

The lights were off inside but I could see the orange glow of a fire coming from out back and I could hear a women yelling at someone.

When I shut the passengers side door after grabbing the pizza, I notice the curtains to one of the windows move. Somebody was just watching me.

I didn't know if I should knock on their door or go around back. It sounded like there was more than one person back there so I decided to just go around back.

I greeted them and they spun around faster than a bullet.

They were...disgusting. They looked like typical trailer trash meth heads. The women looked at, I'm guessing her husband and asked what he's doing here.

He then scolded her, saying she was the one who gave the address. They seemed to be standing close together to hide something behind them, and quite frankly, I didn't wanna see what it was.

I asked them if I should go around front and then they whispered something to each other. The women pointed at me and told me to wait there, she would go get the money.

She went inside. For the next two minutes, I awkwardly stood there, trying not to stare at the scary looking guy who I knew was staring at me the whole time.

Finally, the women emerged from the house and went back next to the man. She handed the man some money and asked him to count it. She whispered something after that.

I was getting very nervous now. I felt as if they were gonna try and rob me or something, I wasn't stupid.

The man started counting the money very slow. I mean, really slow, like, '5.....10.'

I kept my eyes on the women. She was looking into the woods behind me and then, she nodded her head staring off behind me and saw some huge guy approaching me with an axe in his hand.

I flung the pizza box at him to try and slow him down and somehow it worked, or maybe he just didn't chase me.

I got home safely,I didn't even go back to work that night.

When Mario, the chef texted me, I told him what happened and all he said was, 'Holy shit."

That was it.

I'm happy that was the only night I had to deliver. So if you live in the suburbs or city, sure be a pizza boy, but if you live in the middle of no where, maybe try the super market instead."

~Anonymous Author