Chapter 5

Chapter 5

*Aneesha*

"Mom, relax. Yes, we are still staying in two different rooms but things are fine." I spoke, as yet again my mother asked about the arrangement. I had told her about it the day we had decided to take our relationship smooth instead of making each other uncomfortable. Mom had a problem with that then and even now.

"Why? Is there a problem? Did you guys fight over something? Why not the same room still? It's been more than three months almost, Anni!" I heard her concerned sweet voice.

"Mom, we both are comfortable. We're just taking things steadily. We have a lifetime to live in the same room." I spoke walking to the kitchen. Explaining the same old thing again was a little irritating but I didn't want my mom to freak out and jump to conclusions.

"Anni, I am your Mom. Tell me clearly if there's a problem. Is he gay?" I heard my mom's melodramatic gasp. Oh great! She's freaking out.

"Mom, please. He is not gay!" I uttered. Why was mom planting baseless ideas into my head? At one or two points, I had the same doubt. But with the way I had seen him notice women on screen or a woman in general —like the one other day, who was crossing the road before our car; I was sure he wasn't gay. And then there was what happened last night. I smiled at the thought of last night.

"What do you mean, by how do I know? I know. He is not." I exclaimed walking back to the hall.

"Mom, Please, be happy we're going for a honeymoon." I said sitting on the sofa,packing the snacks into the bag. That should give her some relief. Honeymoon? One word could make so much difference.

"Yeah right, to Pondicherry, three day honeymoon!" My mom's voice on the other end was dripping of sarcasm.

"So what if it's three days? We'll take multiple trips throughout the year. We have our work also, right. " I said, glad that I could come up with that in our defense.

"But Anni, what if he.." There the concern was back in her voice.

"Mom, he's okay with it. He understands. " I smiled. The memory of last night just couldn't get out of my head. Every time I thought about it an unknown knot formed in the pit of my tummy. I felt like a teenage girl who knew a guy had a crush on her.

"But Anni, he may..."

"Mom, I will tell you if we shift into the same room. Okay? Now, bye I am getting late." I cut her off quickly cutting the conversation. 

"Fine. Enjoy your birthday. Take care and love you!" Her sweet voice made me smile. Oh! I missed her.

"You too!" I grinned and ended the call. Sighing i zipped the bag looking at the clock. Five forty. He wasn't up yet? I walked back to my room to get my small wheeled suitcase out.