Chapter 10

Chapter 10

* Sidhanth *

A kiss had never felt so overwhelmingly strong before. I had kissed before, but kissing her was like it was my first ever. It was short-lived as she broke apart quickly. I hadn't have enough, not yet.

My hands took the chance and cupped her hips moving to her waist. My lips brushed hers once again. There was a wildness in the second, a certain unfathomable craving. It took all my control to not pin her to the wall and let the wild deaperate man in me take charge. When she uttered my name in a shaky whisper I knew I was going a little too fast for her pace.

"I know. We'll take one step at a time, no hurry," I spoke cupping her face and kissing her forehead.My thumb caressed her cheek as our breaths blended.

"Thank you — for everything." She said hugging me.

I had never felt so strong a protective instinct that I felt when she was in my arms. We'd hugged before but this one wasn't like any of those. It was far more intimate. 

Her soft body dressed in that violet dress was pasted against mine. It wasn't a wild exciting intimacy, there was something overwhelming about it. It wasn't like my first time of having a woman close. it was another level. An urge to kiss her forehead made me pull back slightly. I landed my lips on her forehead, pressing a moist kiss. I caught her lips curve with contentment. This new feeling that had now come into existence within me overwhelmed me. What was it? I had no understanding.

She slowly parted her palms from me which had been pasted on my back. I missed them already! She blushed as her brownish eyes met mine. I couldn't help but give a smug grin. Taking full advantage of her flustered self, I leaned closer and caressed her rosy cheeks with my knuckles. "Someone's blushing."

She smiled shyly looking away. Cute. My fierce queen had suddenly transformed to a shy wife. My? I bit my lower lip, my heartbeat sounding more like hammering. "Anni, if we stay like this any longer, don't blame me later for whatever happens."

No longer had her brain processed it than there landed a soft punch on my abdomen. She began walking away.

"Not a nice way to say thank you!" I teased holding her wrist pulling her back into my arms. She stared at me surprised. I raised my eyebrow playfully.

"Sid!" She tried pushing my arms away. I let her win. She walked away quickly grabbing her clothes, she disappeared into the washroom. I sighed and sat on my bed. A broad smile made way to my face and I slumped on onto the mattress. 

"Aneesha!" I sighed remembering how she responded to the kiss. How was I to survive? This woman was all set to render me insane.

I heard the door creak open and she walked out dressed in her three-fourths and a long minnie-mouse t-shirt. The scent of her body wash alluring my senses. I needed a cold shower. 

I got up and grabbed my clothes from my bag. The moment I turned I found her standing close to me. Tell me she had a change of mind. The next thing I knew was she pecked my cheeks and wished a 'good night' cutely. I grinned as she quickly hurried to her bed. 

'Good night!' I said softly, smiling to myself.

As the drops of cold water trickled down my bare body I wondered how wonderful her soft touches would feel. My thinking did no help but on the contrary added to my frustration. I was sexually frustrated especially after that kiss.

 If only I was brutally honest with Anni I would've walked up to her and told her about it. I hope one day our relationship reaches to that intimacy that I just have to look at her and she'd know what was on my mind. I had never craved for such an intimacy with any woman but with everything was turning out to be new and unique. It was a little scary but far more interesting and heart-warming.

I walked out after a nice long bath. My gaze landed on her bed. She was fast asleep. I turned to the other bed in the room. I smiled seeing it tidily made. The smallest of her gestures made me smile. The little acts of thoughtfulness warmed my heart. Despite the warning my mind flashed in red, I walked up to the bed where she slept,neatly tucked in the blanket. My lips curved up. I bent over her face and placed a chaste kiss on her forehead whispering a 'thank you'.

As I lay on my bed in the dark room I marveled at the recent developments in our relationship. I had changed so much since she had entered my life. 

I wasn't the kind of guy who'd do things willingly to make someone comfortable. If someone wanted to be comfortable they must make themselves. I wasn't the kind of guy to kiss goodbyes and hug goodnights. But we did that. Perhaps the term hug for our touching of shoulders would be a misnomer. But yet. 

I was more the kind of guy to give back a sarcasm punch then to honor someone's pleads. Everything had so gradually and magically changed. Every time I went out for dinners, lunch, or coffee. I respected the equal bill sharing policy. But since last two months, I wouldn't allow Aneesha to pay for anything. It initially did not sit well with her but then she got used to it. Of course I was smart enough to notice that she balanced it out with the laundry and household payments. 

Was this going right? Even though we were married, we weren't one like other couples. There was one Sid and other Anni. Even though we were married we stayed in separate rooms. Had we created too much space in between us? Was that space having a positive or negative impact on our relationship? Perhaps, I was thinking too much. Sighing I closed my eyes. We had two more days in the wonderful city and I was looking forward to them.

* * *

The next morning, the rays of the sun filtering through the window woke my up. I stretched myself getting up from bed. Rubbing my eyes I stretched my arms sighing. I looked around and saw that she was still asleep. My lips curled up at that sight.

I got up to use the washroom when an idea made me turn and walk up to her. I stared at her angelic face. I had read somewhere, in some stupid time pass magazine perhaps, that women look prettier to their lovers in the morning

Even though I wasn't technically her lover yet, she still appeared pretty to me. I was amazed at myself. I still distinctly remember classifying her a seven out of ten when I first saw her. Right now, I felt stupid at myself for doing that for she wasn't even made to be rated on some stupid scale. I wished that a bunch of hair strands covered her face so that I could use my finger and drive it away from her face. But her hair was all tucked behind her ears and her face cutely pouted as she had the blanket covering her till her chin. I walked to the washroom. I guess I was being affected by some weird madness. Perhaps it came complementary with a marriage.

Hope you're enjoying this book

Do drop in your views/thoughts/suggestions or any feedback.

– Anami! ♡

Don't forget to hit the vote⭐ button!

Hitched | ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara