Chapter Fourteen - Let's make it work

Victoria's POV

The past six weeks have gone by so fast. Working with Christopher has been interesting, He was a perfect gentleman and very professional. That made me feel even worst because my feelings for him were growing stronger and he didn't feel the same.

I am a confident woman that has achieved a lot in my life but, knowing he is not interested in me makes me feel self-conscious. I may not have any relationship experience but I have had guys interested in me and although I never felt the same this doesn't feel good. 

All I can do is count down the days until this project ends and then things can go back to normal. Then I hopefully don't have to see him again but, until then it will probably not be too bad that I have this amazing view into the office next to me. Deep in thought, he catches me staring at him and I can feel my cheeks heat up. I do this awkward wave and I want to hit myself for being such an idiot. 

He stands up from behind his desk and walks over to my office. I just wish the earth will swallow me and I hate the person that decided to put a glass wall to separate our office. He stands by the door and his tall frame makes my office suddenly feel very small.

"I am getting something to eat for lunch do you want to join me?" He asks me and I clear my throat feeling more embarrassed.

"No, I am okay, I am having lunch with Sophia and Kate," I reply my voice soft

"Enjoy, I will see you later then."  He turns and walks away. I feel like I can finally breathe. I would love to have lunch with him and I regret that I told Sophia and Kate that I would have lunch with them.

Sophia is, Christopher's sister and she was another hurricane that hit my life. After she and Christopher came over for dinner at my parent's place, she then decided that we will be friends. She moved back to London from New York and is running all of Kingsley's Hotels for Christopher but she is more into fashion.

She has taken advantage of Kate's Design skills and Kate has designed a few amazing dresses for Sophia that made me more confused than Kate would work as a personal assistant and not pursue a career as a designer. 

The two of them together are just trouble and I love them both. Let's just say the last six weeks I had more of social life. Between spending time with Kate and Sophia the rest of my time was spent with Christopher working a lot. The break away from the man that consumes most of my mind was well needed too.

Growing up I didn't make friends easily with girls my age though I was weird because I love cars and in high school, nothing changes so I kept to myself and study. My first year in university changed when I made my first friends Vaya and Nikki. Both from foreign countries were the first people that didn't find my love for cars weird. Although we don't see a lot of each other now we remain in contact and see each other once a year.

"Your lunch appointment has just arrived, Miss Mclaren." Kate's very excited voice startles me and she and Sophia walk into my office. Sophia is tall and has the same sparkling blue eyes as Christopher. Her blond hair is neatly styled and she looks as beautiful as her mother Isabella.

"Thank you, Katherine," I say laughing at the two of them. "I am sorry but, I need to cancel Lunch today." They both look at me disappointed and I start laughing. " I am just kidding, just give me a second I just need to finish this email."

"The only reason we will accept a cancellation is if you have a hot date," Sophia says taking a seat in the chair in front of my desk. I think to myself that could have been if I said yes to Christopher. I will not confess to Sophia. Kate is the only one who knows about my feelings and I trust her to keep it to herself.