Chapter Six- Running for my life

Victoria's POV

I woke up too early. I looked at my side table and the digital clock on it said it's only four-thirty in the morning. I check my phone, like a stupid school girl, thinking there would be a message from him. I need some exercise. I need to clear my head and get back to focusing.

I get dressed in Red long sleeve Adidas top and black Adidas running leggings. Sitting on the side of the bed and tie my running shoes, shoelaces. Finishing up I give my self overall look in the mirror. I exited my room joking down the step to the main door to excited the house.

When I get outside, Jane is also getting ready to go for a run. I ask her if I can join her. She has her headphones on and she just nods in confirmation that I can join her. I love running with her, she does not want to talk but I can keep up with her even though I know she is fitter than me.

We start running and as my feet hit the road I can feel all the stress and confusion vanishing. I love this. I love the fresh air. Most important of all, I love my playlist. All the lyrics of the songs fill my head and I don't overthink anything anymore. I can't believe I just completed this three-mile run with Jane. I can usually only run one mile and then I have to walk the rest.

"Wow!"Jane breathes exhausted, " Are ...you... feeling better now?" catching her breath.

I chuckled, " yes, I am feeling much better. Thank you. I forgot how competitive you can be. I impress that you can run today. Don't you have a hangover?"

She laughs. "Well, you didn't take it easy on me either and I have a secret recipe for my hangovers." She winks at me.

"Oh, my goodness Jane, please I don't want to hear more. " I place my hands over my hears.

"Oh, please Vicky get your head out of the gutter. " she looks at me amused. "It's been weeks sins the last time I went running. " I reply ignoring her comment. " I am glad that you still run." she still breathing heavy. I don't know what her secret recipe for a hangover is but she is breath like she has never run before.

"Are you ok? Why are you still breathing like that?" I ask with concern in my voices. She the one always going on about good health and It's good for the mind and soul to do exercise.

"I was trying to be brave but, I don't think its good for you if you run so far the next day after you had too much to drink the previous night." She looks at me and I can see it on her face she going to be sick.

"Excuse me!... I think I am going to be sick." She darts past me into the house. oh my goodness, I hope she makes it in time for the bathroom.

I walk back inside. I need to get ready for work. It's Friday and I have to do my last-minute preparation for when I start working with Christopher on Monday. I can't believe he will be there every day. I still don't understand why he needs to move his office to our facilities. The work his company is going to do with us is like ten of a percentage of what his company does.

Walking into my room I remove my running clothes and walk to the bathroom to take a shower. I take warm shower washing my hair. My body relaxes under the warm water, the warm water falling on my skin it soothing. I finish with my shower get out and grab a fluffy white towel on the nearby hanger and dry myself. I wrap the towel around my body and walk out into my closet.

My closet is full of corporate dresses and dress suits. Kate always Begs me to dress casually for Friday but it's just always easy for me to dress in work clothes. Today is the day that I am doing casual Friday. She will be so proud of me. I put on my dark blue skinny jeans and pair them with a black collar bow long sleeve blouse and my black ankle boots with open toes. I did natural makeup and my hair in a messy bun. I take one more look in the mirror making sure everything looks good and then I walk out of my room.