Chapter One - The Family

I am a firm believer in empowering women and what support for women can demonstrate. I am honoured to be friends with an amazing group of authors. They are my inspiration, my sanity, my humour, and my greatest supporters. These amazing women support and uplift each other and even if they have there own books they will still help and support other authors. This book is dedicated to them. I wish the world can have more of there personalities. I love you guys and you are the best thing that ever happened in my life.

vayavaitsis, laurenwolfe12, jesciehall, jlou_723, JessicaLoveless7, KatieMilliganCarns, Queen_Of_Desires, V_A_Bonetti , JensenKristyne, _Dark_Romantic,reetilicious

This is my first attempt to write. Please have patience with my grammar, English is not my first language. I will get better, I promise.

Happy Reading.

❤❤❤❤

***

Victoria's POV

Christopher Kingsley is the man I need to meet today. London's most eligible bachelor and one arrogant rich boy, that believes he's god's gift to women.

Although our parents are friends. I don't know a lot about Christopher, he and my brother Edward are best friends. They are much older than me and I don't socialize with them. My brother was very overprotective, his sisters are off-limits.

Now you're wondering why I must meet him today. Well, he wants to invest in our company. His company has developed technology that will improve our vehicles and we will be the first motor manufacture that will have this technology.

Usually, my Uncle Derick handles these business deals, but my father insisted, now that I am the director of the Mechanical department that this is a good opportunity to prove myself.

As we sit down for breakfast in our Victorian-style breakfast room. I'm pleading with my dad. He is placed on the head of our family table that can seat a family of eight comfortably with a blue floral table cloth. The table is set with white plates, cutlery, and crystal glasses with orange juice. The centerpiece fresh selections of flowers from my mother's garden. Every morning our butler James set the table. A healthy breakfast of fruit and yoghurt, whole-grain toast and scrambled eggs and muffins.

While my father finishes his breakfast I am trying to convince him to get someone else to do the meeting today.

With pleading eyes, I begged "I don't know if I have time for this today", I whispered. I don't want to babysit my brother's friend.

I am busy, and an arrogant rich playboy is a waste of my valuable time.

My father is kind, but don't underestimate him. He's ruthless in the boardroom. His employees have the greatest respect for him.

My grandfather was " Lord Benjamin McLaren" and my father was the Great Grandchild of Benjamin McLaren the first, founder of McLaren Motors.

He is the fifth direct descendant and our whole family's history was on display and everyone knows who we are. You can say my family is well known to London's high-class social circle. My grandmother posed a high-class life, my mother, on the other hand, hated it, my mother was sweet, and kind just like my father and I think that's why they love each other so much.