Chapter Twelve - First Day

Victoria's POV

"You don't have to feel like a waste of space, You're original, cannot be replaced. If you only knew what the future holds After a hurricane comes a rainbow"

Monday morning, I am driving to work, today is the first day that we will be working together. I am feeling optimistic and was singing on the top of my lungs to Katy Perry's fireworks playing on the radio. This is the start of a new week and a new beginning.

"Maybe a reason why all the doors are closed So you can open one that leads you to the perfect road Like a lightning bolt, your heart will glow And when it's time, you'll know"

Then it hits me like a ton of bricks. "My credit card," I say out loud to myself, I didn't get it back. My dad's going to kill me. If it gets into the wrong hands it can be a disaster. Feeling anxious, after everything this weekend, this is the last thing I need today. I quickly dial Kate's number, biting my bottom lip I nervously wait for her to answer.

"Mclaren Motor Corp-" Kate answer her office phone but before she can say anything I interrupt with panic in my voice. "Kate!"

"Victoria, are you ok?" She asks concerned.

"Yes," I take a deep breath trying to calm myself. "I am so sorry but I just realized that I didn't get my credit card back Friday evening." I can hear the relief in her voice as she starts to chuckle.

"You don't have to worry. When you disappeared the waitress gave it to me."

"Oh, Thank goodness. I almost had a panic attack when I realize I didn't get it back. How much damage did we do?" Waiting in anticipations to hear the damage, I nervously bite my bottom lip. That was another irresponsible thing to add to my list of things not to do again.

"Zero" she replies.

"How.is .that. possible" I ask shocked, This can't be were we at the same club?

" The waitress told me that the owner said the nights on him." I stay silent, I am speechless why did Christopher do that?

"The owner must fancy you?" Kate's high pitch voice impressed by the mystery man.

"Kate, The owner is Christopher." My voice low

"Well, that's nice of him. It looks like you made quite the impression on Mr. Kingsley, are you going to tell me what happened?" Kate curiously asks

"Kate, there is nothing to tell, nothing happened. He made sure I was safe and drove me home. He was obligate to look after me because I am Edwards's little sister." Leaving out the details of him taking me to his hotel and only taking me back home the next day. I know she will have lots of questions so I just gave her enough information to satisfy her curiosity.

"Enough about that, I would really like to move forward and just forget about it. Can I ask if you can arrange refreshments for the staff members from Kingsley corporations? I want to give them a warm welcome." I change the subject, I think that's enough about my personal life for now.

"Yes, Sure is there anything specific you would like me to get?" I can hear she is getting her notebook and pen ready.

"I trust you, you have done this a million-time use your own discretion. Can you also transfer the call to Christopher's assistant? Just want to stop by and discuss a few things before the day gets too busy" Kate knows I mean business now and this is the end of discussion. She is really an amazing assistant and If she ever decided to leave it will be hard to replace her.

"Yes, just a moment, I will transfer you."

"Thank you, Kate, See you in a few minutes." She transfers my call and the automotive voice recording comes on. I don't listen to it my mind back to the weekend and everything that happened. My thought gets interrupted when Christoper's Assistant answers the phone.