Chapter 6

Today is something different for everyone as Miss Goodwitch has planned a field trip through the Forrest of Forever Fall. The assignment for the students is simple: just collect a few jars of red sap from the trees and then regroup to go back to Beacon. Of course the whole thing won't come without trouble as there are various Grimm in the whole forrest and so, everyone is instructed to either find a hiding spot or call the teachers for help. The weather is aöright so far, warm enough with a slight breeze, so the work shouldn't be too stressful. Right now most students are doing what they were told, but some just go their own way. Specifically Team CRDL and Jaune. They seem up to something, yet Jaune isn't comfortable with it at all, showing worry all over his face after he puts down the jars.

Cardin:" Hey, great work Jauney boy. Now that wasn't too hard, now was it?"

Jaune:" I think I'm allergic to this stuff..."

Cardin:" Great, great, great. So, Jaune, I bet you're asking yourself 'why did my buddy Cardin let me collect six jars of tree sap when there's only five of us?'. Well, come with me and you'll find out."

A moment later, their group is assembled on a small hill, overlooking the other students who are still collecting sap as best as they can. Cardin's expression tunrs to anger as soon as he sees Pyrrah in his field of vision.

Jaune:" Cardin, what's going on?"

Cardin:" Payback."

Jaune:" Pyrrah? What are you---"

Cardin:" That's the girl. Redhead know-it-all thinks she's so smart. Alright, boys. Last night ol' Jaune managed to round up an entire box of rapier wasps. And now we're gonna put 'em to work. Now according to one of the essays he wrote for me last week, these nasty things looooove sweets. I think it's time we teach her a thing or two."

When they all stand again, Cardin shoves a jar of sap into Jaune's hand and lets him know what follows next.

Cardin:" And you're gonna do it."

Jaune:" Do what?"

Cardin:" Hit her with the sap! Either that, or I'll have a chat with Goodwitch and you'll be on the first airship out of Beacon."

This puts the young man in a difficult predicament as he thinks about what he really wants. If he hits Pyrrah with the sap, his team will hate him, but if he doesn't, he will be expelled from Beacon. Jaune is maybe not the strongest or smartest, but his future depends on the next move when he suddenly flings the jar at Cardin. But that just stirs the fire up more as Team CRDL begin to beat Jaune up. They bruise him up and even give him a black eye, but he's willing to take it if it means to protect his team.

Cardin:" I'm gonna make sure they send you back to Mommy in teeny, tiny pieces."

Jaune:" I don't care what you do to me. But you are not messing with my team."

Cardin:" What? You think talk like that makes you tough? You think you're a big strong man now?"