Chapter 8

Weeks later, the situation has calmed down between Y/N and everyone else. Blake has been very supportive over that long time and she helped him study, making him better his grades gradually. Even his professors noticed and they were happy to see improvement. But that's the academy side of his life. The private aspect is different as Y/N is still suffering from cramps, nightmares and episodes of full on rage. In combat class, he shows no mercy against anyone. He has to be stopped most of the time, knowing he could injure the ones he fight against, no matter who they are. The young man is currently with Team RWBY and JNPR as they are preparing for the end of the first semester. It gets really boring once most students are already on their way home, to their parents or other loved ones, but Y/N enjoys the silence.  He loves how nothing is interrupting him and so he knows what to focus on. This isn't natural, no. He had a few mistakes in this process as he worked on this method of living. Ruby notices Y/N staring into nothingness while the others pack their things for later.

Ruby:" Hey Y/N?"

Y/N:" Huh?...Oh, hi Ruby."

Ruby:" Why aren't you packing up? We'll be on break for a while."

Y/N:" I know...There's just nowhere I could or would go. I like the silence. And maybe I can improve something I've been working on for a while."

Ruby:" Oooh, what's that?"

Y/N:" I can't tell you. I have sworn to myself that I would not show anyone about this until it's finished. And no, it has no name yet."

Yang:" Really? You're working on something and nobody is allowed to know about what it is?"

Y/N:" Yes, I'm sorry."

Yang:" Then does someone know, except you?"

Y/N:" No. This is my on work. I've put unbearable amounts of money and energy into this and maybe I can use it soon, should doom strike us."

Yang and Ruby give him a weird look as they just shrug it off and get back to what they were doing before while Weiss is finishing up her studies for the day and grabs her bags. She isn't in a hurry, but the bullhead to Atlas will take a lot of time to get to the kingdom itself. She smiles at her teammates and they rush over to hug her goodbye. Then it's Y/N's turn and he walks over. Weiss is surprised when he gets closer and also hugs her. Not as tight as her friends, but friendly enough to be serious. The feeling is strange for both of them as they never really have much to do with each other, but it's nice to see Y/N be happier than before. He even looks a bit healthier from the last few nights of good sleep. The smile on his face stays when he seperates from the Schnee girl and wishes her a fulfilling break. She smiles as well and says her goodbyes and walks to the landing zone for the bullheads. The same goes for Blake, Ruby and Yang over the next three hours since every bullhead comes from a different direction. Y/N is the one to exit last as he locks the door and is about to walk away when the entirety of Team JNPR stop him. Jaune, Nora and Ren have small smiles on their faces while Pyrrah still looks nervous around her own brother. Did he accept the fact that he was part of the Nikos family? No, not yet. Did he forgive Pyrrah? No. But Y/N apologized for the last time he yelled at her. This was a shock at the time and it even holds until now, so seeing the two in the same space feels kinda strange. 

Jaune:" Uhm...Hey Y/N."

Y/N:" Hello there, guys. You seem to be on the brink of leaving."

Nora:" Well, yeah. We're on vacation for a while. How about you?"

Y/N:" I've got work left for myself, so vacation isn't on my schedule for now."

Jaune:" Oh, then we can't expect any stories from you when we come back."

Y/N:" Don't say that. I will have a lot to tell you when we're all back here. This is just a temporary leave for all of us."

Ren:" Well, we're not going to stop you. I wish you an eventful time working on whatever you have planned."

So Nora, Ren and Jaune leave you and Pyrrah in the hallway. The tension could be cut with a knife right now, yet Y/N sighs to himself as he puts a hand on Pyrrah's shoulder. This of course makes the red haired girl wonder about what's to come as she then feels Y/N embrace her.

Y/N:" I may have been the worst family member you ever had, but I can't let you go on vacation with a bad feeling. I don't know what will happen when the new semester starts, but maybe it will turn for the better...Be safe."

Pyrrah:" You too, Y/N. Be careful with your project, okay? I wouldn't want you to blow up while woirking on that."

You two smile slightly as Pyrrah grabs her bags and walks out. You don't notice, but she wipes a tear from her eye and is happy to know there is still some compassion left in her brother. Y/N also smiles as he wipes his hair out of his face and walks back to his own dorm, gathering a big toolbox and a backpack.

---------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry for the short chapter, but I have hit a short creativity break.

No, this isn't over. I just have to rethink a few decisions for later chapters.

I just hope you keep reading, liking and commenting. Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------