::2::

Steve stared at Nick. There was no possible way that Margaret (Peggy) Carter could be here. Even if she was, wouldn't she have aged? Was she dead? Steve was in slight shock. He mindlessly followed Nick. On his way, he saw Tony wave at him. He waved back.

"In here," Nick said, pointing at a door.

"Is this a trap?" Steve asked. Nick shook his head.

"No. Honestly, I'm just as confused as you. But we did a DNA test. It's her,". Nick said. Steve opened the door slowly, preparing to be disappointed. He looked in and saw Peggy sitting on a wooden chair. When she heard the creak of the door, she looked up. She saw Steve and immediately jumped up. She grabbed the gun, which she had pocketed earlier from her pocket and pointed it at her.

"Who the hell are you!" She demanded to know. Steve shut the door behind him and put his hands up in surrender. On the outside, he stayed calm, but on the inside, he was bursting with joy at the sight in front of him.

"I'm Steve Rogers. Captain America. I believe that you know me as Solider," he said. He was worried for a second that she didn't remember him.

"You are not Steve Rogers. My Steve Rogers died," she said.

"I can promise you that I am him," he said, desperate for her to understand him.

"Then prove it. Prove to me that you are my Steve," She said. "Tell me something that only my Steve would know." He thought about it for a second, before bringing his right arm down from surrender to his pocket. He pulled something out and handed it to Peggy. She quickly grabbed it, hand still on the gun and fingers never leaving the trigger. She looked at it and saw a compass. She opened it and saw the picture of herself. The one she had seen in the movie all those years ago. She slowly lowered her gun, running her thumb across the compass.

"I told you," he said. Before he could talk anymore, Peggy ran and jumped into his arms, hugging him. Steve stumbled back slightly, and she was suspended in midair as he held her, rubbing his hands through her hair. Once they released, Steve set his hand on Peggy's face, looking at her.

"But my darling how did you survive?" Peggy asked. Steve explained everything from the day the planet crashed to Ultron.

"That's incredible. You're incredible," She said. He smiled.

"I'm sorry I missed our date," he blurted out. Peggy blinked.

"You remember that?" She asked him. He nodded. "Well. Better late then never I guess." Steve smiled. He held his hand out for her and she took it. They walked out of the room. On their way out, by saw Fury and Tony talking.

"Agent Carter?" Nick started. Peggy nodded to let him know that she was listening. "We will have to find living arrangments for you."

"She can stay at the Avengers tower," Tony said.

"Are you sure," Nick asked.

"Think of it this way. She is a member of SHIELD, so she is an ally to the Avengers," he said. Steve agreed.

"Well if it isn't to much trouble," Peggy said.

"Oh please. I'm already basically running a bed and breakfast for a biker gang. What's one more. You may be the first one to live there with manners though," Tony joked.

Steve fake coughed "Pepper," he said, clearing his throat. Tony paled slightly.

"Yes. pepper has manners. Don't tell her what I said," Tony said, laughing uncomfortably. Peggy looked confused.

"His fiancee," Steve cleared up. Peggy nodded.

"Okay. It's settled then. Peggy can live in the Avengers Tower. For some reason, I think that she, Nat, and Pepper will get along just fine," Tony said.

"Sounds about right," Nick said. They filled Peggy in as much as they could on the main events that had taken place in the last seventy years.

"You know Ms. Carter," Nick said. "SHIELD could use your assistance. If you wanted a job," Nick said. Peggy smiled a little.

"I wouldn't be fetching coffee would I?" She asked, half joking. Steve smiled and wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her closer.

"Nope," Nick said, popping the p. "We could use an agent like you."

"I think that I'll take you up on that offer," she said, holding her hand out. Nick shook it.

"I think that Peg might be tired. We should probably go home," Steve said. Everyone agreed.

"Do you guys need a ride?" Tony asked. Steve shook his head.

"I think that we should walk. I can explain some more things that she has missed, and maybe show her a few things," he said.

"Sounds good. See you guys at home," Tony said. He waved and headed towards the door.

"We should be going too," Steve said. "Thank you, Director."

"Yes thank you," Peggy said.

"No problem. Whenever you feel ready to start work, Ms. Carter," He said. "I expect that I will be seeing you soon," he said.

"Thanks again," Steve said as he led Peggy out of the building. They walked and Peggy finally took a moment to look at her surroundings. Soon, they were walking through the streets of New York City.

"This is unbelievable," Peggy said, turning around and looking around. She turned around and looked at all of the buildings. Steve smiled.

"You know what the first thing I said was when I woke up?" he said. Peggy looked intrigued. "I had a date." She smiled warmly up at him.

"Steve I thought I lost you. For so long," she said. He pulled her into a tight hug.

"I know Peg. I know," he said. He looked up at the night sky. They had tried to fill her in on the major moments in society for hours.

"I'm just glad you're alright," she said. Steve kissed her forehead.

"Well, I couldn't leave my best girl. Could I?" He said. He thought back to all of those days that they worked together. The days when he was away from her and how long they felt. The days he believed that she was dead.

"I love you," Peggy said. Steve could tell that she really meant it. That she had thought about saying those words for a long time.

"I love you too," he told her. They kept walking until they made it to the tower.