::8::

"How was work today?" Steve asked Peggy when she got home. She took her heels off.

"Good. They gave me an intercom and a uniform to wear on missions," she said. Steve smiled.

"I'm glad it went well. If you want, Peter and Nat could probably modify the suit so it's a little more... you," he said. "Nat wears a similar suit so she knows what is useful, and Tony is... Tony."

"That's not a bad idea," she said, standing on her toes to give him a quick kiss on the cheek. She walked to her bedroom and set her stuff on her bed. She organized her stuff quickly then walked to the living room sitting next to Bucky.

   "Hey Peggy," he said, tipping his hat in a joking way.

   "Hello Bucky," She said. He flipped through the channels, before finding nothing that seemed to interest him. He turned it off and turned towards Peggy.

   "So how your first day on the job?" He asked her.

   "Good. It's weird. I founded SHIELD and now I'm an agent. But it's a step back if you ask me." He laughed. They continued to talk until Steve walked in. He made eye contact with Bucky and her a finger up to his mouth, letting Bucky know that he should keep talking. Steve walked behind Peggy and hugged her from behind, sitting on the couch. Peggy smiled and turned her head so she could see him. She kissed him quickly and wrapped her arms around his body as he kissed her head.

   "Wow third wheeling," Bucky said. Steve laughed.

   "Get used to it Bucky," he said.

    "And I used to be the one with the ladies."

    "Yes because you were 'cool' and 'not sick' so you win," Steve said. The three of them laughed.

   "Oh look it's the senior citizens," Nat said, walking in. She sat by Bucky and ran her hands through his short hair. He blushed and Steve and Peggy looked at each other, already scheming a plan to set these two up.

   "Hey Nat," Steve said. She peaked her head out from behind Bucky and gave a mock salute. They talked until dinner was ready.

"Where's Tony?" Wanda asked as they were all sitting down to eat.

"Oh, yea I almost forgot," Pepper said. "Tony! Peter! Time to eat!" Suddenly, two sets of feet were heard running up the stairs. The two had been in the lab.

"Any new information?" Bruce asked. They both shook their heads.

"New information on what?" Steve asked.

"We'll tell you when you're older," Tony replied, making Steve cross his arms with a fake offended expression. Everyone else laughed.

"No we're working on making pain medication for me," Peter said. "Because of my fast metabolism." They all started eating and talking about everything. Peter was in complete awe of Peggy's stories.

   "Wait wait wait my dad tried to kiss you?" Tony asked, slightly disgusted. Peggy nodded and took a drink of her water.

   "Well I pushed him into the water... but yes," she said. Tony cringed.

   "You know you'd probably be my godmother if you hadn't disappeared," Tony said. Peggy smiled.

   "Guess that makes me your aunt," she said.

   "Whatever you say, Aunt Peggy." Dinner soon finished up, and everyone went their separate ways. Peggy walked up to Peter.

   "Hello Peter," She said. He smiled.

   "Hi Ms. Peggy," he said.

   "Oh please just call me Peggy," she told him. He nodded.

   "Okay, Peggy. How's the modern world treating you?"

   "I think it's great. It's so different from the war," she said. He nodded.

   "We're gonna learn about World War II after we finish our history unit on the Great Depression," He said.

   "Well you are definitely going to pass that test," she said. Peter's smile widened.

   "I don't doubt it," he said. He said goodnight to her and ran to his bedroom to go on patrol. She smiled and started towards her own bedroom. She was about to open her door and pulled out the computer Tony had given her. She opened google and did something she had meant to do since she got back.

   "Daniel Sousa," She said as she looked up his name. She found some records on him and opened one, seeing what he had done. He got married and kept working. She smiled when it showed the cases he had completed. Next, she looked up the rest of the people she worked with. She looked up Anna Jarvis. She saw that Anna never remarried after Edwin passed. She closed her eyes and then looked to see that Ana created a small company of clothing that was comfortable and useful for girls. Peggy didn't fail to see the pockets, pants, and clothes that were not traditional at the time. Peggy laughed when she saw a pair of pants with a holster.

Finally, she searched for Angie. She didn't have as much information, which saddened Peggy. She clicked family and saw that she married. Her hand flew to her mouth as she saw that she had two kids. A boy named Frank, and a girl named Peggy. When she realized that Angie had named her daughter after her, she started crying. She set the computer to her side and sat on her bed, crossing her legs. She grabbed a pillow and hugged it as she thought about her best friend. She heard a knock on her door.

"Yes!" She called, she saw her doorknob turn and Steve walked in, giving her a sad look. He sat on her bed, back towards the bed and pulled her into his side, hugging her tightly. She tried to pull herself together but failed. She cried into his chest and he just whispered comforting words to her, kissed the top of her head, and rubbed her shoulders.

"What happened sweetheart?" He asked her. She took a deep breath and handed him her computer. He opened it and looked at her with sympathy. He kicked his shoes off and brought his legs onto the bed, laying on one of her pillows. He tucked her into his side and she set her head on his chest as he played with her hair. Once she fell asleep, he decided to let her. He smiled down at her.

"I love you," he told her sleeping form.