::7::

A few days later, and Peggy and Steve were finally going on their first real date, and Steve was panicked. He was going to take her out to dinner, and then for a walk around the town. He wore a white button-up shirt, black pants, and a black tie. He didn't know why he was so worried. It probably just had to do with him wanting everything to be absolutely perfect. During the war, they had never really had any actual intimate moments, minus their kiss. Peggy had curled her hair, but not as she normally would have. They were in gorgeous beach wave curls, and she pinned a small part of it to the back of her hair. She wore a red sundress and had a small black purse hanging at her side. She applied her signature red lipstick and looked at herself in the mirror. Who would have thought that she would become a time traveler who found the love of her life. If someone had told Peggy that this was going to happen two years ago, she would have laughed. Suddenly, she heard a knock on her door.

   "Come in!" She called. Wanda opened the door and smiled.

"Hello," Peggy said, smiling. Wanda smiled back.

"Hey. I just wanted to see if you needed any help," Wanda said.

"Well let's see. How do I look?" Peggy asked, standing up and spinning for Wanda.

"Great! Steve is going to stutter," she said. Peggy giggled.

"Well I hope that that is a good thing," Peggy said.

"Oh believe me. It is," she replied. Peggy finished getting ready and walked downstairs, only to see Steve waiting for her, talking to Bruce and Thor. Steve's back was facing her, and Bruce saw her first. He pointed behind him and Steve looked around, seeing Peggy. He turned around so he could see her more clearly. She blushed under his gaze. Bruce motioned to Thor to leave, and they walked out of the room.

"P-Peggy. You look amazing," Steve said. Peggy giggled.

"At ease soldier," she joked. He snapped himself out of his dreamlike state and held his arm out for her. She took it and they made their way towards the car they were going to take. They got in and started towards a restaurant.

"So what are you going to get?" Steve asked her. Peggy shrugged.

"I'm not sure yet," she replied. When they finished, Steve paid and they walked out. Peggy stared at the sky full of stars, amazed. Steve smiled down at her as they started their walk. She continued to look at the sky until she noticed Steve's eyes on her.

"What?" She asked playfully.

"Nothing. You're just beautiful," Steve said, and Peggy was thankful for the darkness, so he wouldn't see how much she was blushing.

"I'm only looking at the stars," she said.

"Yea and you're fascinated with them," Steve said. "What is it about the stars?"

   "Oh it hardly matters," Peggy said.

   "It does matter," Steve said.

   "Well I guess that it's because these are the same stars I used to see," Peggy said, and Steve understood completely.

   "You know Peg. I know that it's hard and complicated, being in a new world, but I am so thankful that you are here," he said, turning so he was staring into her eyes.

   "I am too," Peggy said. She stood on her toes and kissed him. He bent down to meet her halfway.

"You know. We have a second chance here," he said matter of factly.

"You are right," she said. They continued to walk for a little while, talking. "I think I might start working for SHIELD soon."

"Really? That would be good for you. Put you back on the front lines," Steve said, playfully punching her arm. Peggy laughed.

"Oh I'm not so sure about that," she said.

   "I am. Hydra didn't resurface until they were positive that you would have been old enough to retire, In case you came back. You're the best Agent we have," he said motivationally. Peggy smiled. Soon, they were back home. They walked to their rooms and turned to each other. He jokingly bowed.

"Until we meet again malady," he joked. She giggled.

"Until we meet again," she curtsied. They walked into their separate bedrooms and their smiles each grew. Steve stood, leaning on the door, and took his compass out of his pocket. Peggy lay on her bed and stared at the ceiling, thinking about how lucky she was to have a second chance.
________________________________

The next day, Peggy called Nick Fury, telling him that she was ready to start work. He told her that she could start whenever she wanted, so she planned to go the next day. She had started to learn how the technology worked, so she believed that she was finally ready. When the day finally came for her to start work, she hopped out of bed and grabbed a skirt, heels and blouse, curling her hair and adding makeup. She realized that it may be a bit old fashioned for the new era, but she still wanted to dress to impress. If she could kick ass in heels during the war, then she could continue to do so now. When she arrived, she walked with a purpose, which made some of the workers stare. She walked to Nick Fury's office and knocked. The door opened and she walked in.

"Hello Ms. Carter," he said.

"Mr. Fury," she greeted. He motioned towards the chair in front of his desk and they both sat down. He explained to her how everything was set up and led her to each room, such as the room where they kept their records. He handed her a small device.

"This is an intercom. It's small so you can keep it in your ear and waterproof. The small red button will beep if there is an emergency," he told her. She nodded in understanding, looking down at it.

"Thank you, Director," she said.

"Don't mention it."
_______________________
Hey guys 😁 how's the story so far? Comment vote follow and check out my other stories! Love you all!