6

The Necklace That Is Talked About

Alec POV

Alec stared at his phone. He had been doing this every day after the breakup and every day his phone hasn't rung. He knew that just because he kept calling Magnus didn't mean he would call back or answer. Something in his mind tricked him. "Just keep calling and he'll answer." He never did. Alec dialed Magnus's number and it rang and rang but no one picked up. He tried 2 more times before putting his phone down, sliding off his bed and walked out to one of his windows and opened it. He sat on the window sill with one leg dangling out the window, head resting up against the frame. The afternoon sun shining on his face and black sweater and jeans. 

He had spent time on the balcony of Magnus's apartment with the same sun, looking out over the city and smiling. Magnus would sometimes come up behind him and wrap his arms around Alec's waist. Magnus would kiss his neck and nibble his ear. Alec smiled at the memories but soon became overwhelmingly sad knowing he would never have those moments again. 

He started to dig in his pockets for things to throw out the window. He felt something in one pocket that was on the side of his leg. It was a pocket he normally forgot he had. In it, he found two things. One was photobooth pictures from Hong Kong of the both of them. The other was a necklace that had one, large, white jewel on the end. Magnus had given it to Alec before they went into battle at the Burren. At that moment it didn't mean much to Alec if anything it made him think that Magnus was ready to die and wanted Alec to have something of his but now it was the only thing that Alec had left of him. 

Alec had left one of his grey shirts at Magnus's apartment and smiled at the idea of Magnus wearing it. Magnus hated all of Alec's clothes and always tried to get him to get new, fancier, clothes but Alec never wanted new clothes but even with Alec objecting to the new clothes he did like them every once in a while. Alec unclipped the necklace and put it on. He tucked it into his shirt the metal cold against his warm chest. 

All Alec wanted at that moment was to feel Magnus holding him. Holding his hand or running his fingers through Alec's hair.  Alec wanted to hear Magnus say "Alexander" one more time or smell the familiar scent of sandalwood. He just wanted to see Magnus's face one more time or hear his voice. 

Was that too much to ask?