Part 2

I feel myself being shaken awake by gentle hands and slowly open my eyes. It takes them a moment to adjust to the brightness around me, as I sit myself up and pull my legs around. I notice immediately that I feel infinitely better. I check the clock and see it's only been about an hour.

The nurse looks me over and gives a slight nod. "It looks like you're fully recovered, at least physically. I can tell you don't want to talk about it, though. Can't say I blame you. But you're free to go back to class. Knowing your teacher, he's got your class outside by the softball pitch." She stops and thinks for a moment, before poking her head outside her door. After a moment, she shakes her head, sighs, and closes the door. "It appears one  those three aren't around here right now so no one can guide you there. But if you go around the right side of the building from the main entrance you'll find it. Does that make sense?"

I nod and look at the floor for a moment in contemplation. "Ma'am, if you don't mind me asking, why have they taken the class outside? I thought today was orientation."

The nurse nods. "It is, but class 1-A has Eraser Head as the homeroom teacher and he has his own method of teaching. He likes to figure out where the students' physical strengths and weaknesses lie as early as possible."

I nod again. That's such a strange thing for the school to allow... But I suppose I can't really question it. As I'm thinking I realize that the room has started to feel a little drafty. I feel my face get hot as I figure out how to pose my next question. "U-umm... W-would you happen to have any pants?"

The nurse gives me a curious look but doesn't question me as she searches the cabins. "Here you are, dear. And here's a bag for your skirt, too. Don't need it getting dirty when you're not wearing it!" She hands me the items and I quickly thank her and start pulling the pants on. As I'm folding my skirt up, she speaks again. "If you ever have an encounter like that again, or even if you're just messing around with friends and get battered around, please don't hesitate to come back, alright dear? We don't need you first years getting bruised up!" She gives me a warm smile, one that I can't help but smile back at.

A minute later, I quickly thank her again and head toward the front entrance. As I walk through the halls, I wonder what kinds of tests there will be for me to do. The nurse had mentioned a softball throw, or at least the layout for it. There's probably going to be a grip strength test, a running test, and a pull up test. Those tend to be part of normal physical tests like this. As I'm walking and thinking, I accidentally bump into someone. I end up on my ass on the floor. I look up to see a tall, golden blonde male.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! Here. Let me help you up!" He lifts me effortlessly off the floor and dusts off my shoulders. "Hey, you're a first year right?" I nod, a little bewildered by his energy. "Cool! I'm a third year! My name is Mirio Togata, and I'm aiming to be the number one hero! And that means helping people, so can I help you with anything? You look a little lost, considering most first years are at orientation."

I look him over for a second. Feeling no ill will, I answer his question. "That's because I'm in Eraser Head's class. And I've been at the nurse's office since this morning, so I haven't even made it to class yet."

His eyes light up a little more. "Oh! Then let me help you get to the field! I know a short cut and it means saying hi to Aizawa!" He begins wakingy away from you down the hall. Not knowing what to do, I follow at a distance. Mirio looks back and sees my caution, laughing slightly. "I take it you were at Recovery Girl's office because of a villain run-in?"

I feel myself tense up but force a reply. "Y-yeah... Is it that obvious?"

He smiles. "Only to a trained eye. Your classmates aren't going to know unless you tell them. Aizawa will, though. But since he's your teacher, he's sure to already know." I nod.

A minute of walking later and we've made it to a side door. Mirio points at it. "Just go through there. You'll be outside with your class. Good luck in the tests! I have to get back to my post, but I'm glad I could help! Say hi to Aizawa for me!" With that he disappears down the hall.

I stare at the door in anticipation, before walking outside into the sun. About 100 feet away stands my class. A green haired boy is getting ready to throw the softball. I watch quietly in the background as he propels it forward with an amazing force. I can see from where I'm standing that his finger is broken, but I'm still surprised.

As the shock dies down from the class, I see the ash blonde teen that helped me earlier. I take a step toward him when he suddenly charges the greenette, explosions coming from his hands. "HEY!! DEKU YOU BASTARD!! TELL ME HOW YOUR DID THAT OR YOUR DEAD!!" Suddenly, a cloth is wrapped around his chest and head. "What?! Why the hell is your damn scarf so strong?!"

"Because it's a capture weapon made out of carbon fiber and a special metal alloy. Stand down" My eyes year away from the angry boy and are drawn to the teacher. "It would be wise to avoid making me use my quirk so much. It gives me serious dry eye." He retracts his scarf and puts eye drops in his eyes. "You're wasting my time now. Shiro. You're up next."

I nod and head to where the greenette and ash blonde are standing. The green haired boy gives me a small, curious smile as I pass by. The angry teen just walks away, cursing under his breath. This was it, my chance to prove my worth as a "hero". Instead of walking toward the throwing circle, I walk toward Aizawa, and I prepare myself to catch hell.