Part 5

"God, I'm so stupid." I kick a stone across the brick pathway leading to the front gates of the school. "'What if I'm not trying to be a hero'? The hell was I thinking saying that?" I let out a deep sigh.

"Uh, hey Shiro-chan."

I jump in surprise when I hear a voice coming from just slightly behind me. I turn to see the green haired boy. "Oh, hey. Sorry I didn't notice you. Midoriya, right?"

The boy nods. "I'm Izuku Midoriya. I just have a couple of questions for you, if that's alright."

"Sure. Hit me."

"U-umm ok! So you got in on recommendation, right? What school did you come from?"

"Oh, well I told some of the girls this earlier, but I was actually homeschooled. I'm not used to being surrounded by so many people so I'm sorry if I say something weird."

The boy's eyes get bright and he begins to get excited. "Oh! That's really cool!! Your quirk is super powerful, by the way! You were trying to make a tornado earlier, right? I'd like to see it actually happen one day! So your quirk is manipulation and you have a lot of different varieties of manipulation that you're able to use. Any idea how many exactly?"

"Well, I'm a 6th generation quirk user, so there are 10 potential kinds, assuming I don't show signs of something new, and I haven't so far. I have some control over about 5 as of right now, and there are 3 others I'm aware of but haven't figured out quite yet. Any other questions?"

"That's really impressive!! My body can barely handle one quirk and you're able to handle 8 variations!" He begins pulling his notebook out of his bag and writing notes. "I have one more question. Why do you want to become a hero?"

I look at him for a minute before turning and walking away. "I'll let you know if I ever figure it out." I feel sadness beginning to fill my thoughts and quickly put up an emotional wall. "I'll see you tomorrow, Midoriya. Sorry I can't answer all your questions." As I rush off, I feel a heavy gaze on my back.

It doesn't matter anyway. I can't make friends, I'm on a mission. I let my feet carry me back toward my apartment as I think about my task.

"I need you to infiltrate UA from the inside, as a student. You'll have help from one other person inside. They won't make it clear who they are unless they have to. Don't disappoint me." All For One's words echo in my head. I have to prove to him I'm more worthy than Tomura. I have to inherit his quirk, just like I did the others.

I find myself in front of the door to my apartment sooner than I'd anticipated. After finding my key, I let myself in and lock the door behind me, taking my shoes off to put on my slippers and dropping my bag to the floor.

"Home, shitty home." I approach the kitchen to find a snack, only to find a lone banana. "Ugh. Why the fuck is this even here? I hate banana." I throw it across the room and it lands somewhere unseen. "Guess it's time to go shopping again." I head over to my room and change into baggy sweats, a tee, and a big hoodie before putting my shoes back on and grabbing my wallet out of my bag and leaving my apartment.

As I walk, I figure out what I want to eat, planning meals for the next couple of weeks in my head. As I'm thinking and walking, I forget to watch where I'm going and accidentally run into someone.

"Watch where you're going idiot." I hear an annoyed voice tell at me.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going." I choose that moment to look up and see that it's Bakugo. "Oh, hey. What're you doing out here?"

Bakugo gives me an annoyed look. "Going to the store. The old hag needs bean sprouts."

"Oh, well do you mind if I tag along? I'm headed there myself."

"Yeah, whatever." We begin waking side by side before he breaks the silence. "If you were going to the store, why were you going the other way?"

I feel an embarrassed blush heat up my cheeks. "I'm new to the area so I got mixed up. I used to live in another prefecture and I moved here to go to school."

Bakugo keeps his eyes on our surroundings. "Makes sense."

I nod. "How about you? Have you been here long?"

"Since I was born. Shitty Deku lives near here, too. I know the area well." He gives me a look out of the corner of his eye. "It's probably a good thing you're ran into me. You shouldn't wander this area alone, not until you get used to it. There's some pretty shady spots around here and I'd rather not have to save you again."

I look at the ground, disappointed. "Yeah... I'm sorry you had to deal with that. But thank you for helping me."

"You really should use your quirk in situations like that. Shut them down emotionally. If you could make them feel bad for their actions, they should stop."

"It's not that easy, unfortunately. You can't alter the emotions of someone who only feels pleasure from the pain of others. Believe me, I've tried. It only urges them on."

"I guess that would make sense. God, that's fucking annoying."

"Yeah. Well, now I have you on my side. No one's gonna mess with King Explosion Murder!"

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU CALL ME?!" His hands start sparking and I can't help but laugh. "You're lucky we're basically here idiot! Go get your fucking food. I'll meet you here when we're done."

I walk away laughing. "Sounds good to me! See you soon!" And I leave to hunt for a dinner.