Interrupted

She liked him when he was tired; when his hair was a mess and his eyelids were drooping and his smile was soft, so beautifully soft. She liked him when he crawled into bed after a long day and sought her out, nuzzling his face in her neck, or her side, or her chest. And she liked him when he opted to greet her with halfhearted kisses and lazy pecks scattered across her skin, because he couldn't gather enough energy to use his words. She liked him in that quiet state, when he was warm and pliant, needy in a way he'd forgotten how to be and honest in a way that always surprised her.

"You're so beautiful," Mon-El mumbled, cheek pressed against a pillow and eyes hazy with sleepiness. He sighed dreamily and stared, as if he couldn't look away from her, and Kara reveled in the way he complimented her so honestly and breathlessly she felt her own heart skip beats.

The blonde couldn't help but glance away from her book, only to furrow her brows at her boyfriend. "Thank you," she said with a breathy chuckle and her creased expression softened into flushed cheeks and gleaming eyes.

"So damn beautiful," Mon-El muttered again, voice muffled and croaky and hinting at a slur Kara knew meant exhaustion.

She reached a hand out and brushed his hair away from his forehead, weaving her fingers through dark locks with an experienced touch that could have the sleepy hero completely lax within mere seconds. "You're not so bad yourself," the heroine offered, her tone quiet and gentle.

Gray eyes closed and rosy lips parted to let out that little hum she always knew to expect from him. He moved a leg and slipped it under her own, and although it was weird and sometimes uncomfortable, it was his thing and Kara wouldn't dream of changing it. In fact, Mon-El had a lot of things, and the blonde had memorized them all, because she loved them all.

She put her book aside, not even bothering to place a bookmark on the page she'd been reading. Then she lowered her body and lied beside Mon-El, a hand still weaving through his hair. "Babe," she called out quietly, mouth curving in a smirk. "You sleepin'?"

"Yes," Mon-El replied, eyelids still shut, voice still croaky.

"Are you sure?"

He nodded.

"Really sure?"

He nodded again.

"Wake up," Kara whined and nuzzled in the crook of his neck. She nosed his shoulder, kissed his cheek, left a line of pecks up to his temple.

"It's late," Mon-El replied with a whine of his own. "I'm tired. Shh."

Kara grabbed his hand and filled the gaps between his fingers with hers. She squeezed and used a thumb to stroke his skin. "No, wake up," she said again and lifted her upper body to hover over him. She found his lips and pressed a kiss against one corner, then against the other, then on the center. She moved to his neck again and bit softly, lower and lower until she reached his collarbone and switched to kisses once more.

"Kara," Mon-El groaned. "No."

"But why?" She continued to tease.

"Not now."

"Yes, now," the blonde insisted.

Fingers wandered and tugged at clothes that shouldn't be there. Hands grasped and squeezed and discovered, just as lips gasped and kissed and left marks. Kara mapped out Mon-El's skin with her mouth, with her palms, with her fingers. She pulled up his shirt and pushed down his pants, needing, demanding, taking. One leg went over Mon-El's left side while the other stayed at his right, and as much as he was trying to pretend he wasn't affected and all he wanted was to sleep, his body betrayed him.

Wide awake now and responding to Kara's touch with his own greedy hands, he cupped the back of her thighs and chased her mouth in blind desire. He swallowed her moans and cherished her whines, trying to lift up the shirt covering her upper half. He was too exposed and Kara not nearly enough, and Mon-El wanted more bare skin to touch, to love, to taste.

"You can't do this," he groaned, a hand traveling up to Kara's chest, slowly and teasingly, wasting time he knew they didn't have. He counted her ribs, traced a thumb along the underside of her breast, pulled her closer and closer until he had access to all of her.

"I missed you," Kara simply answered, too busy painting pictures all over Mon-El's skin, teeth leaving marks that healed within seconds. She inhaled deeply and moaned, encouraging without uttering a single word.

"I missed you too," Mon-El breathed out, "but we can't do this right now."

Once again, Kara ignored him. She tugged at his hair and favored his neck, her mouth lowering to his collarbone, then to his chest, then to his abs. "I want you," she said and lifted her head up only to crash their lips together and bite Mon-El's bottom one.

Mon-El tried to shake his head and pull back. "Alura is going to wake up soon," he managed to croak out and that was all it took to break the spell.

Kara pulled back and sat on his lap, huffing out and sending him an angry look. She glanced at the clock on the nightstand and grimaced, realizing her lover was actually right. "Why did we have a baby?" she groaned, "Why didn't we go straight to a five-year-old or something?"

Mon-El chuckled and reached out to smooth her hair. He smiled at her pout and leaned in to kiss it off, this time softly and with no underlying urges. "I'm pretty sure we can't do that," he said.

Kara pursed her lips, the dimple underneath the right side of her mouth becoming visible. "How did you know it's feeding time?" she asked, looking for her discarded clothes.

The hero laughed again and his gaze lowered toward the blonde's chest. "I was going for some boob-love when I realized you're soaked," he pointed at the wet stains on her bra.

Kara groaned once more. "This is the third one today," she complained, "maybe I should just stop wearing bras from now on."

"And then you're gonna soak through all your shirts. Wow, that's really smart, babe."

"Shut up," she glared at Mon-El. "And put on some clothes," she threw his shirt as his face, "Mr boob-love," an exaggerated eye-roll followed as she muttered about how stupid that had sounded.

A cry was heard then and both parents turned to look toward the nursery's direction. "There she is," Mon-El gestured.

Kara grimaced at the sound and climbed off the bed. "She'll be off to college soon, right?" she said to herself, more like an odd pep talk and less than an actual question. Her boyfriend raised a brow but the blonde dismissed it, opting to walk away whispering about no breastfeeding, and sex without interruptions, and full nights of sleep void of crying and baby puke.

Mon-El sat there for a few more minutes, listening to Kara comforting their baby and trying to make a deal about longer nap times. But Alura was only concerned about her protesting stomach, and so the blonde had to give in eventually. "How about you don't eat too much tonight and let mommy keep her nice and clean shirt, huh? What do you think about that?" he heard his girlfriend ask in a soft tone. He smiled to himself, the sounds of his girls already lulling him to sleep, and he was out before he could eavesdrop on any more of Kara and Alura's 'deals'.