Lies And Disguises

A/N Well, this feels like the comic, doesn't it? Well, things will be different. Trust me, it will. Just need to think of a good ending that won't be crappy...

X

Meanwhile, in Cosium...

"—CONTROL!"

"Lord Darren!" Trails cried out with pure relief the moment he saw the wizard arrive as the three hedgehogs struggled with the vines behind them, with Sonic accidentally placing his foot on Silver's head.

"Trails, I need a full explanation." Darren demanded. "NOW!"

"Um... it's really a 'funny story', you see," Trails nervously replied. "But I have one question..."

"Think you might be a bit overdoing the Vine-End Spell on them? After all, they are..."

"WHAT?!" Darren was losing his patience.

Despite his struggle, Sonic spotted Darren and grinned mischievously.

"Yo, Shadow!" he called out to the ebony hedgehog, who got annoyed at the azure one. "Who's your cousin? He looks just like you! Double Fakers! Ha-ha-ha!"

"Sonic," Silver sighed. "I don't think this is the right time to talk about this..."

'Ugh,' Darren and Trails had the same thought. 'no doubt they are still the same.'

"Trails," Darren rubbed his head out of stress. "please, PLEASE! Tell me they are just temperate memory lost,"

"Actually," Trails folded his ears. "the contraption I built may not... be... well... the cause of their case. There might be a possibility... they are..."

"Come again?" Darren rubbed the side of his head. "Speak up, son. I barely heard the last sentence,"

"They are..." Trails nervously stated. "um... from a different time of another dimension?"

Darren was in range. He growled, making Trails freeze in fear before turning and walking away.

'I'm doomed...' the wolf gulped.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!" the wizard roared, letting out all of his rage as the wolf and the hedgehogs pinned their ears to prevent themselves from being deafened.

"He's mad." the three pointed out.

"I don't need you three to know that!" Trails hissed.

Suddenly, he was grabbed by the wizard, who eyes began to glow fierce green as his third eye let out a string of green aura.

"GiVe Me OnE gOoD rEaSoN i ShOuLdN't GiVe YoU a NiGhTmArE oF a LiFeTiMe?!" Darren angrily threatened.

'No! Not the eye!' Trails was in panic as he froze in fright. "B-But aside to th-that, think w-we s-should t-take care o-of the c-current s-situation f-f-first...?"

Darren sighed and turned to the three hedgehogs. "Well, for once, you're right on this mess,"

He stepped forward and looked at Shadow straight in the eye. The ebony one merely glared back.

"Now," he said. "I'm going to ask you one simple question... Do you know who I am?"

"No." Shadow replied.

"Very well," Darren snapped his fingers, making the vines immediately pull away from the three hedgehogs. "Pardon me, I just have to make sure you mean no harm,"

"And I thought you were trying to strangle us to death!" Sonic, as usual, was optimistic despite what had just happened. "But we're cool now!"

"You're letting us go?!" Shadow felt suspicious. "Just like that?!"