10th Grade- Lowell

Jasmine got the hang of High School after her freshman year. She loved it and she loved volleyball. She made varsity as a freshman and started.

Jasmine had a major glow up. She was absolutely stunning standing at 6'0. She spent the past two summers playing beach volleyball in Florida with Destiny her partner.

She had 8 D1 schools already interested in her. But at the end of the day Jasmine had to go somewhere for her academics. She loved medicine, always has and always will. She knew this was what she wanted and it was what she was going to go for.

Stanford was very much in her view. They had national praise for their reputation educationally and have been in the top five consistently in the nation for volleyball.

Life was finally going somewhere for her. She was adjusting to her new height. In the ninth grade she was taller than almost everyone she was 5'9

No wonder why Jude hated hanging around her. She was a freaking Amazon. She knew she would hit six feet once she was a freshman and now it has come to pass.

Surprisingly that didn't stop guys from coming on to her. Her dark brown skin, long legs, and athletic body was all they needed to see to get hooked.

Jasmine was definitely the most popular girl in the school as a sophomore. Even seniors gave her, her props.

But she felt eh. Like she was missing something... like her friend. She was so embarrassed when Jude flat out turned her down. She tried to play it off like she was cool but she cried all night. It really messed with her. He had every right not to like her back but it still hurt.

And Jude didn't talk to her for the last 3 weeks of school. He would look at her with sad eyes but never had the nerve to apologize. Word has it he's all the way in Scotland.

Jasmine tried not to be sad when she found out but she blamed herself. She was just too much for such a quiet person.

"Hello Cameron." Jasmine said monotone as Jude's old "friend" Cam came over to hit on her like he does daily.

"Hey Jazzy. You were filthy in that last volleyball game! Almost broke the girl's nose." He laughed. Jasmine smiled shaking her head.

"Wasn't my intent I swear." She chuckled. "So Jasmine are you busy tonight. I just got my license and I was wondering if you wanted to grab some dinner?"

"Sorry Cam Jasmine and I have to work on a project." Destiny said looping her arm around her. "All night?" Cam quirked a brow. "Allllll night." Destiny emphasized.

"Maybe you should take Emily. She has the hots for you." She gave a plastic smile. Cam rolled his eyes. "Emily is for everybody." He snickered.

"Well you have a better shot with her than you do with my good girl Jasmine. Now run along." Destiny batted him away.

"You're chasing a pipe dream Jasmine. He's gone. Even if he wasn't, trouble is written all over Jude O'Conner's face. I was lucky to have cut him off when I did." Cameron said proudly.

Jasmine remembered in 8th grade when Cameron dropped Jude as a friend. Jude was so hurt but he had her and Hunter.

"God Cameron desperate isn't a good look on you." Destiny snapped.

Jasmine sighed. "I'm not even going for entertain you. No one was even talking about Jude but you always find a way to bring him up. You're the last person I want to talk about Jude with so please leave me alone about it."

"You heard them." Hunter came around the corner. Destiny swooned and Jasmine sighed in relief. Hunter was always there to back her up.

She and Hunter grew a tight friendship, both upset with Jude leaving because whether he believed it or not, they loved and cared for him.

Cameron stomped off not bothering to fight with 6'3 Hunter. "Thanks Hunt." Jasmine exhaled. He patted her head "No problem Jazzy." She swatted his hands away.

Jasmine laughed walking to the bus leaving Destiny and Hunter behind.

She got on the bus and plugged in her headphones. She couldn't help but listen to Stairway to Heaven. Jude got her tuned into rock and roll. She had quite a few Led Zeppelin songs on her iPod.

She missed him sometimes but he was such an a** to her their last day they talked that it made her angry. She didn't need that energy in her life and things were going up the totem pole without him. She was honestly embarrassed that it still bothered her.

Jasmine Bryant was going to be somebody. Holding on to Jude was ridiculous and she had to let him go to be someone.