Senior Year-Stanford

Jasmine stares at the wall in the club while Jude and his friends laughed. She was empty, she was nothing now.

She had never felt so detached from reality that she does at the moment.

"Jude I have something to tell you."

Hunter watched Jasmine across the couch in concern. She didn't look okay. She missed out on her last season of volleyball while Jude continued to live his best life.

"What Jasmine?"

"I'm pregnant."

"Hey Jazzy remember that crazy night after the Golden State Warriors game. We didn't even make it back to the car." His friends all whistle while Jasmine continued to stare at the wall.

She knew this wasn't Jude...her Jude. But a girl can only take so much. She wasn't placed on this earth to suffer to fix a man.

(I don't think y'all heard that👏🏾^^)

She was stuck and she was scared. "Jazzy remember?" He was still laughing. "Aye man chill chill." Hunter took his drink from him. Jude brushed him off and continued to look at Jasmine.

"Oh wow! I mean I'm not ready to be a father but.. I love you Jasmine I swear I'll do better for the both of you."

"I love you too baby I'm so happy you're not upset."

Jasmine turned to face him. "That was between us Jude." She whispered. Drew snorted. "Oh Relax Jasmine this is what guys do, maybe you shouldn't be so slutty to please."

Jasmine clenched her jaw and Hunter sat forward. "Repeat that?" He asked. Drew held his hands in surrender.

"Jude you have to stop getting drunk and getting in the car are you on something right now?!"

"I'm perfectly fine to drive Jasmine relax."

"Are you kidding me right now! Stop the car. Jude I said stop the car!"

"Jasmine chill out-"

"JUDE IT'S RED!"

"Jasmine don't play coy I've changed you for the better." Jude laughed. Hunter shook his head. This was not the Jude he grew up with.

And he was disgusted with how he talked to Jasmine. She didn't deserve this.

"Jude stop." Jasmine whispered. "D*mn losing the kid really f*cked you up." He shook his head before pulling a small bag of cocaine out of his pocket. Hunter's eyes widened as he stepped back from the table. He had a future on the line.

"I'm sorry ma'am there was nothing we could do."

Jasmine finally let a tear fall as she stood and began to walk away. "Jasmine come back." Jude groaned but didn't make an effort to stop her. He didn't need her, the drugs made him happier than she ever could.

"Man your girl is uptight how is that any fun?" Sean scoffed. Jude's inner self felt pain watching Jasmine walk away so he chugged more and more alcohol to put that side of him away.

"Yeah whatever she used to be a prude. But now will do anything to please me. She even sucked my dick in public." Jude slurred laughing with his band mates.

"Aye cool out Jude that's f*cked." Hunter stood up trying to gently seat Jude down.

He tried to remind himself it was the drugs but it was getting harder and harder to stomach Being around him

"She's mine I can say what ever the hell I want." He threw his hands up as if saying it is what it is.

Hunter shook his head and looked off in the direction Jasmine was hastily walking off. "Man I'm saying this as your best friend. You need to get off what ever sh*t you're on and apologize to your lady. Jasmine is my friend too I'm not gonna let you embarrass her in front of your crew like that."

"Why? You want to f*ck her too? Man I should have a business for Jasmine." Jude slurred another drunken laugh.

Hunter had enough and sent a hard right into Jude's face knocking him out clean. "I don't want to hear a word about her from any of y'all again. Got me?"

Jude's band mate held their hands up in surrender

_______

Jasmine stood at the bus stop in the rain. She was done. She was absolutely done. This was torture, the relationship was going to kill her.

She sat and cried. Suddenly she felt warm arms around her and she cried harder. "I'm so sorry Jasmine." Hunter whispered ashamed of how Jude just treated her.

"He needs professional help. I-I just can't do this anymore." She sobbed. Hunter held her for hours in the rain as she cried her heart out. She loved Jude so much but at this rate her mental health was so poor she would cause her own death.

"I did everything for him. I wanted to be there for him. I stayed with him after he was the reason I lost my baby that I had to miss out on my last volleyball season for!" She growled with hate.

"I hate him! I hate him so much Hunter I hate him!" She screamed and cried. Hunter felt a tear slide down his own cheek. Jasmine was broken.

After the tears Hunter drove to their place. She was just going to get her clothes and stay with him. She walked up the stairs quietly until she heard moans. Jude's moans.

She opened the door and swallowed the vomit in her throat. Jude was laying on the bed half hazardly with some blonde sucking him off. He looked at Jasmine and just let his eyes roll back as the girl finished him.

When she got off Jude she turned around and gasped. "Oh my goodness!" She tried to cover herself blushing. "Are you two together?!" Jasmine shook her head "Not anymore."

Jude laughed. "She says that now but she always comes back to me." The poor blonde girl was humiliated. "I-I'm so sorry. I didn't know!" She looked like she was about to cry.

"You didn't know." Jasmine said handing her her shirt and skirt. The girl was quick on her feet leaving the apartment in humiliation.

"I'm leaving you." She whispered. Jude stares at Jasmine blankly. "No you're not."

"I am. Don't call me or text me. I'm blocking your number." She exhaled a shaky breath.

"I will be back tomorrow for my things." Jasmine sniffled. "Jasmine stop it."

"Jasmine!" But she ignored him and kept packing.

"I'm so sorry Jasmine! I'm so sorry."

But she was numb staring at the wall feeling nothing but pain and regret. Wishing she told her parents how toxic her love for Jude was so she could escape. But she loved him...and this wasn't him...she should do more to help him...right?

"Goodbye." She took the few bags she packed and left.

Jude overdosed again that night. And since Jasmine and Aiden were basically his caretakers they decided it was time for him to be placed into rehab this time. He got no choice on the matter.

His life was at stake.