Present Day 2

"What the f*ck!" Jude growled. His eyes zoned in on their hands interlaced. But what caught his attention even more was the shiny diamond ring that sat on her finger.

Jude was too angry to remember that he hasn't seen her in 6 years. That they were broken up. That he ignored her for years. This was painful.

His face was bright red with fury. "Jude-" Iona tried to grab his arm but Jude shot her a look that shrunk her back.

"You're not my woman, you're not even my friend. Stay out of it." He hissed before stomping to Jasmine and her 'fiancée.'

"What the hell is this?" Jude growled again. Jasmine exhaled and rubbed her face. "Jude look-"

"My best friend huh?" He cocked his head staring Hunter down. "Jude neither of us planned for this to happen. Now isn't the time of place to discuss this. Frankly what me and Jasmine do is none of your concern." Hunter spoke calmly.

That's what Jasmine loved about him. He balanced her out. She and Jude were too wild too frantically in love with each other. Only for her to end up hurt.

Jude clenched his jaw tightly in anger. How could Hunter do this! He told Hunter everything. "My best friend?" Jude now looked at Jasmine with fury.

"Jude it's been 6 years. You act as if I'm the one who shut you out. I tried I really did." She spoke sadly.

"Jasmine it's only ever been you for me!" Jude breathed desperately. "When you're sober." Jasmine spoke softly as Hunter rubbed her shoulders.

"What?" The impact of those words hit him hard. "It was 'only me' when you were sober Jude. We really shouldn't have this conversation here I just came back from a meeting-"

Jude was frantic tuning out everything she was saying after the comment about his sobriety. She was right but Jude needed her. She was his soulmate. Everything good he remembered in his life Jasmine had something to do with it.

"We need to talk about it Jazz. You cared so little about me and my well being you moved on with my bestfriend?!" He cried.

Jasmine's face contorted to anger. "No f*ck that Jude. You think I would purposely set out to hurt you? You expect me to throw some more of my life away to try and fix you? I'm sorry Jude but it's not my job to help someone who refuses my help. I almost had to drop out of school for you. I lost my baby because I was too busy worrying about if you'd make it home alive. I changed your piss soaked clothes when you were too high or drunk to bother going to the bathroom. I bathed you, fed you. And what do I get in return? Some girl sucking you off in OUR bedroom. And the thing is you were so high you didn't care you just looked at me as you rested your hand on her head and groaned in pleasure you a**hole!" Jasmine's eyes filed with tears. Jude put her through hell.

Jude's eyes already had tears streaming down them. He broke more than her heart. He broke her morals and character.

"You want to have this conversation here? Fine!" She felt her anger at him. She tried so hard for him only to be pushed aside and treated like she meant nothing. Now he has something to say?

"Hunter was there for me Jude. He didn't make a move on me. He didn't push me into anything. After 3 and a half failed years of trying to find you I gave up. I fell in love with Hunter 4 years after you disappeared. I pursued him. I went for him. And no it wasn't because he was your friend. It's because he is an amazing guy with a great heart and for ONCE someone put me first." She finished.

Jude could keep his eyes off their hands that were held together tightly. It stung more because he could tell Jasmine and Hunter felt really strongly for each other. They looked good together. A powerful black couple that would take on the world.

Meanwhile Jude was a Scottish ex guitarist with sobriety problems. Jasmine has always been too good for him. Maybe it was time for Jude to let her go.

He wanted to believe she came here to Scotland to be spiteful and parade Hunter but he caught the words meeting and health conference from her lips but he was too upset to be rational.

He opened and closed his mouth fighting back more tears as he looked into Jasmine's eyes. And for a second she looked at him like she used to. Like she loved him.

But as soon as it came it was gone. "Jasmine I just want a day. To apologize to talk to you." He choked.

"You've had a lot of time to do all that Jude. It's an endless circle with you!" She exhaled.

"Baby relax okay." Hunter whispered and pulled her aside caressing her arms. They heard Jude grunt at the affection and hesitantly pulled away from each other.

"One day Jasmine please." He begged. He was ready to go on his knees if she deemed it fit.

"Look man Jasmine clearly isn't in the right mindset to deal with this right now so just calm down?"

Jude stepped up to Hunter making Jasmine step in between them. "Enough Jude. We are not doing this here. I have another conference soon."

"Then where Jazz and when?" Jasmine pressed her fingers against her temples over whelmed by all of the memories flooded back from interacting with Jude.

"Here's my card." She plucked one from her wallet.

Dr. Jasmine Bryant.

Jude wanted to smile proud of her for accomplishing her dreams of being a well known pharmacist but he wanted to be the lucky guy by her side.

And as he watched Hunter lead her out of the door, seeing them look so perfect together was hard.

But he wouldn't completely give up without talking to her. He just needs to talk to her.