Sophomore Year- Stanford

"Jude go for it!" Jasmine took his hands into hers as they sat back on her bed. Jude blushed and shook his head.

"No Jazzy. I don't want to be that guy that leaves his girl to tour all the time. Plus I wouldn't want to throw myself in the limelight without you." He admitted.

Jasmine laughed and kissed him. "Jude you deserve to be appreciated for all the talent you have by someone other than me. I don't want you to do something you're uncomfortable with, but I know deep down this is what you've always dreamed of."

Jude sighed because she was right. This had always been his dream since he learned to play the guitar in middle school. He was going to be in a band. A popular one, they reached out to him after seeing his video that was released last year and invited him on tour after a local performance in LA.

"Just don't cheat on me." Jasmine gave him a pointed look. Jude smiled and nodded. "I honestly couldn't even imagine cheating on you."

"Let's get you packed then! It's winter break you have time to tour." She smiled.

They went through piles of clothes that Jasmine thought he would look good in giving off the effortless vibe.

"Perfect." She exhaled once they were done. Jude would be gone for a month and a half. Since he was apart of the music program, the school gave this opportunity to be both a cultural and musical internship to count as credits so school work wouldn't be too much of a concern when he was back.

He was happy Jasmine was so supportive. A guy only gets a girl like that once in his life so he would hold on to her with all his might.

Jude was going to be somebody. He was going to be somebody great.

_______________
Day 40 into the tour

"Jude d*mn!" Kaden the bass player exclaimed. "You killed that solo, holy hell!"

"Yeah man you're a natural." Jeremiah the drummer praised. Jude's smile was so wide, he felt like he was on top of the world.

He called his mom to give her another update on the tour but she didn't answer. Jude frowned but was pulled back to reality when the main singer gripped his shoulder. "Not bad O'Conner. Maybe just touch up on those slides and you're golden."

AN: I had to change his name from Levi to Drew lol. After writing Indecent Levi has a special place in my heart 🤣

Jude nodded. He and Drew didn't get along the greatest but they also didn't NOT get along. It was more of a neutral ground.

"Don't listen to him you slide better than me." Shaun the other guitarist smirked. Jude smiled and followed the men to the after party.

Jude didn't really know what to do. Drinking was only fun with Jasmine. "Hey man want a hit?" Kaden said offering him the bong while the girl in his lap practically humped him.

Jude shook his head. "Nah man I'm all good I'm just going to drink some soda."

Drew snorted. He moved the girl kissing in his neck before offering a little pink pill. "Don't be a p*ssy Jude, you'll have fun."

Jude looked and the pill and shook his head. "Nah man I'm all good."

A pretty Russian woman came up to Jude with a wide smile. She was pretty and he was uninterested but he was respectful to her. "You're Jude O'Conner!" She gushed.

Jude nodded shaking her hand. "I just love your solos. You're so good and it's much better to know you are so sexy in person." She said moving closer.

While Jude was distracted, Drew crushed the pill and slipped it in his drink. Shaun gave Drew a nasty look. He was going to grab the cup from Jude but Jude got it and gulped it while explaining to Anya he had a girlfriend.

Drew smirked it was only a matter of time before it kicked in.

______________
Jude was high. Higher than high. He couldn't stop laughing. There were so many girls around him just laughing at his stories about himself, Hunter and Jasmine.

These were nice girls! He thought to himself. They listened and aww'd when he talked about how much he loved Jasmine and how they took each other's virginities.

He was still giggling when he looked to Drew with a playful pout. "You slipped something in my drink huh?" Drew laughed and patted Jude on the back.

Jude just laughed too. It was like the party was jumping harder now. Jude got up to dance with his new friends and his bandmates for the rest of the night.

____________________
Jude woke up to the sound of his phone buzzing nonstop. He went to hit snooze but it wasn't his alarm.

10:56 AM

"Sh*t!" Jude hissed when he looked at his phone. He had 80 missed calls from Aiden, 72 from Jasmine, 56 from Hunter, and 2 from his father.

His father NEVER called.

Jude panicked and clicked Jasmine out of instinct. "JUDE WHAT THE F*CK WE HAVE BEEN CALLING YOU ALL NIGHT!" She sounded hysterical.

"Jasmine calm down! What's going on?" Jude said hastily sitting up from his bed.

"You need to come home right now." She sniffled. "Jasmine I'm not doing anything until you tell me what's wrong." He knew his response pissed her off but he need her to relax so he could know what's going on.

"Your mother Jude. It's your mom, she's gone." Jasmine tried not to break down. She and Mrs. O'Conner were very close. But no one was closer with her than Jude.

Jude went pale, right before vomiting all over the bed.

_______________

She killed herself.

His mother killed herself, because his father was having an affair.

Again.

She was gone.

As Jude cried in Jasmine's arms after taking the first flight home, he felt hopeless.

Aiden and Jude ostracized their father who was left to feel pain and guilt for his mistakes. Jasmine and Hunter refused to let Jude bare it alone but his mind was taking him to dark places.

And that was the start of Jude's downfall.