Freshmen Year- Stanford

Idec Hunter could get it

Idec Hunter could get it. I'm not mad at Jasmine in the slightest 🤣

"Jazzy lets gooooo." Jude whined. Jasmine has been sleeping for hours. They were supposed to catch the basketball game against UCLA so they could see Hunter play.

"I'm up I'm up." She grumbled cuddling into Jude more. "No you're not." He tickled her earning a few giggles.

"Stop Jude." She laughed. "I had a four hour workout today I don't want to goooo. Stay and cuddle with me."

She mumbled curling into his chest. "Jasmine pleaseeee we haven't seen Hunter in ages!"

Jasmine yawned but got up. "Yeah yeah I'm up. Sometimes I swear you and Hunter are secretly dating."

Jude winked before pecking her lips. "That's because we obviously are Jazzy."

Jasmine slipped on some sweat pants and a huge sweatshirt, removed her bonnet and tied her hair into a bun. "Let's rock and roll." She sauntered off.

Jude always laughed at her attire. She was such a interesting girl. She never dressed up that was just genuinely the type of person she was. Very modest and lazy.

"Don't laugh I look great." She chuckled. Jude threw an arm around her and kissed her cheek.

They finally arrived to the gymnasium and waited in line for their tickets.

"Let's sit behind UCLA so we can talk sh*t to Hunter." Jude suggested. "I agree." Jasmine laughed.

They hauled their way in, only missing 2  minutes of the first half. There was a row behind the visiting team that Jude and Jasmine made themselves comfortable in.

Hunter was currently bringing the ball up calling out plays. He was good. He was really good. Jude and Jasmine were so proud of him.

Hunter finally got to take a breather at half-time and Jasmine and Jude took that time to heckle him.

"Number 3 has no hands!" Jasmine coughed loudly. Jude snickered as Hunter stiffened, his shoulders started shaking indicating his laughter.

"I heard he got his American Lit professor pregnant too." Jude added making Jasmine laugh. Hunter spit out his water laughing earning a scolding from his coach. Jude and Jasmine know how much he hates his lit professor. Hunter never failed to mention her evil a**.

The rest of the game Jasmine and Jude yelled nonsense to Hunter as UCLA destroyed Stanford.

After the game the two greeted their bud. "Hey Jazzy and Judith." Hunter grabbed them by the heads. "Ah my hair Hunter!" Jasmine whined.

"Good playing Hunt." Jude dapped him up. "Aye thanks man I'm glad y'all could make it. I missed you little love birds like crazy." Hunter smiled.

"Oh shut up. I know you and Jude are hooking up on the low." Jasmine snickered. Hunter widens his eyes before hitting Jude on the shoulder.

"Jude what the f*ck man she wasn't supposed to find out." He hissed playfully. Jasmine shoved them both before retreated back into Jude's arms. Her safe haven, her happy place.

"When you get back to campus text us we should go out to this new bar and catch up." Jude suggested.

Hunter nodded. "I'm down. I can't drink because I'm in season but I'm along for the ride."

They said their goodbyes and Jasmine and Jude head back to their dorms to get ready.

——

The three of them sat at their table laughing and catching up with each other. "Hunter how are the ladies at your school huh?" Jasmine teased.

Jude leaned forward too intrigued. "Man y'all are so annoying. I'm obviously single."

"Boo." The two of them sighed. Hunter laughed shaking his head. "Hopefully not for long. We will find you a suitor." Jasmine said determinedly.

The night went on smoothly. Jasmine and Jude were a little tipsy but they never liked to be drunk so they didn't continue. That light buzz always made them extra touchy making Hunter
insist they get a room.

"Alright ladies and gents it's open mic night. If anyone would like to come up to sing and play the stage is all yours." One of the bartenders said in the microphone.

"Judy you should do it!" Jasmine piped up. Jude snorted. "Hell no." Jasmine frowned.

"Oh come on Jude! You're so talented. Step out of your comfort zone." She gave him a peck.

"Honestly man you're one of the best guitarists I know. And you already know I'm not gassing you." Hunter held his hands up.

"You're lucky I'm buzzed because I'm never going to do this sh*t sober." Jude grunted before getting up.

Jasmine smiled giving him a thumbs up as he headed on the stage. He took a shaky breath before picking up the guitar. It felt foreign in his hands as he looked out at everyone staring at him.

He couldn't help but think this was a terrible idea but Jasmine looked so excited and he was already up here.

"Here goes nothing." He mumbled to himself. "State your name!" The bartender called out.

"Uh Jude O'Conner. I'm um gonna play one of my girl friend's favorite songs by Maroon 5."

"He's gonna sing She Will Be Loved!" Jasmine exclaimed punching Hunters arm in excitement.

Jude cleared his throat before gently setting his fingers on the strings. Jasmine moved closer to the stage which instantly eased his nerves.

Then he began.

And the room went silent.

His playing. His voice. It was mesmerizing.

He looked her in the eyes as he sang the words of the song. Hitting notes no one thought an amateur should be able to hit. Even Hunter's jaw was on the floor. He knew Jude was good but he never knew Jude was this good.

He and Jasmine never took their eyes off of each other and the crowd was encaptured by their affection and his melodious playing.

Once he finished. Everyone stood up applauding and cheering for him. Jude smiled sheepishly before stepping off the stage to get to Jasmine.

He kissed her deeply making some whistles be heard in the background. "I love you Jude that was absolutely amazing." Jasmine whispered shyly.

Jude blushed feverishly. "I love you too Jazzy."

Little did Jude know someone recorded him and he went viral in 24 hours. Leading him to one of the greatest and worst rides of a life time.