fights & friendships

Jungkook POV

I furrowed my brows in confusion from what he just said. He was glaring intensely at me and I noticed that his grip on my shirt tightened.

"What do you—"

He started thrashing around, making me confused and angry as hell. He started hitting my chest, back and arms as I did my best to still hold him up.

At this rate, I was holding him up on his waist, with my other hand holding his legs that were now around my hips.

"Fuck you!" He yelled. He punched my chest harshly, making me grunt.

I exclaimed, "What the fuck do you think you're doing? I'm already trying to help you. You're not making this any easier for me!"

He stopped moving and his intense glare started softening gradually. He bit his lower lip, which did not go unnoticed by me, and looked down. "Just put me down, Jungkook." He said softly.

I was still very much confused, but the way he sounded very serious made me follow him. I put him down slowly, while he softly grunted as he was still not comfortable.

He softly spoke, "You can go now. The clinic's not that far anymore, I can handle it."

I arched an eyebrow and asked, "Why are you suddenly being strange? I'm already forced out here to assist you—"

"I get it! I get that you're just doing this for your presidential duties. You just... you just watch what you say next time." He said.

He started limping on the way to the nurse's office, while I stood there dumbfounded. I shrugged at myself and started walking my way back to the gym.

Little did I know there were tears forming on the other's eyes.

Jimin POV

It was second to the last period now and it was English Literature class. I was a little late, but I didn't really care.

I walked in class, followed by being scolded by the teacher, then walked to my usual seat. To my surprise, someone was already seating on it.

"Move away man, that's my seat."

He looked up and to my surprise it was Yoongi again. "Oh sorry!" He exclaimed and scurried to the seat beside mine. I raised my eyebrow, "Sitting next to me again, huh? Do you have a crush on me or something?"

He blushed and shook his head rapidly, "No no no it's not—"

I laughed and said, "It was a joke, Min. No need to get fussed over it."

He nodded slowly then smiled at me. "How long have you been studying here for?"

I chuckled and replied, "Trynna start a conversation with me? I don't think you'd want to be friends with someone like me."

"Why not?" He asked, slightly pouting.

I shook my head, "Look at you and look at me, Min. I don't think you'd want to be close to the likes of me."

He frowned then responded, "Okay so we might be quite different from each other, so what? Don't you think it'd be great to balance out each other? You know, like yin and yang!"

I arched an eyebrow and leaned towards him, "What makes you think I'd want to be friends with you?"

"I know you know."

I leaned back, slightly startled by the response. He did not break eye contact with me and continued looking at me with warmth in his eyes. His eyes were expressing hope, kindness and comfort and I almost fell for it.

I was about to respond but the teacher walked in. We all stood up to greet him, then we all silently sat down. I glanced at Yoongi, to see his attention already on the teacher. I thought deeply on what he just said. "What did he mean by he knew I knew? I-I never even thought of him as a friend from the start!" I thought.

I didn't notice that I was still staring at him until the teacher called me out.

"Mr. Park! What seems to be so interesting about Mr. Min's face that you can't look directly at the board?" His voice boomed all over the room.

I was taken aback, loss for words for the first time in forever, and looked at the board. With one last glance, I saw Yoongi looking at me with a smile on his face.

Why was he being so... nice?